part 18

" everything ok Naruto?" She says

Naruto blinks, before scratching his head  " Ah!...y...yes Sakura, Just taking a walk to clear my head" he laughs nervously

" In your Uniform?"

Naruto laughs louder while gulping. Under the moonlight, Sakura was by her window with her nightwear, looking very tempting. He scolds himself for remembering the night they had. " you know me, work late, sleep in the office" 

" yeah I know," she says

The two friends stayed silent not knowing what else to say. Naruto frowned, he wondered when it became so awkward between them. Sakura, on the other hand, bite her lips out of nervousness. The last time the two were in the same space together, it took a different direction. 

" Sakura" 

" yes?" 

Naruto, looking at her, decided to ask her the question he had always wanted to ask, but couldn't. " do you remember what happened the night after my breakup with hinata"

Sakura nervously grips her window. Of course she did, that night, she finally let go of her worries, and let the fire that was burning in the pit of her stomach free. She recalled his touch, his whispers of sweet love. The way he worshipped her body, and the tears that were spilled. She would never  regret or forget that moment. 

But she didn't want to bring it up and ruined the happy life Naruto had. She didn't understand why he chose to bring it up. What could be his reason? Looking up, she saw the desperation in his eyes, the sadness that was hidden. Taking a deep breath, she gave him one of her confused looks " No....what happened?" 

Disappointed, Naruto shook his head. He felt stupid for even asking, after all she was drunk. Maybe it's for the best that she doesn't remember. He sighs, he had a small hope that she would remember, just so he could ask her if she felt anything towards him. 

Smiling, he told her not to worry about it, and turned to leave. " I'll see you around Sakura" he says 

" y..yea see ya"

Both friends look at the sky, while thinking " this is for the best"

............................................Meanwhile....................

Under the sandy ground, someone is spotted heading to a tomb. When the person arrived, she spoke. " I could not find the Revival seal in the sand village. I will have to search in the next village."

" Time is wasting, Kimi, when that hour glass drops, my soul will not be able to communicate with you." He says " if I am to remove Ninjitsu from the world, and create a new world. I must find my reincarnated body and the revival seal. "

Kimi, recall the day the war ended. She was perched up in a tree, watching the humans kill one another. That day she had watched as the blood of the two heroes spread on the soil. When that happens, she spotted a very dark chakra that the humans couldn't see. She had recognized it from long ago. The Chakra of Kanji, the monkey king. 

She couldn't believe that after many years, he was finally awakened. She was excited to see their king back after the betrayal of his love and friends. If it wasn't for those humans, all animals would have been able to shapeshift and walk amongst them, like their king did. She left the tree, and sour through the sky.

Now, Bowing, she told him, her experiment worked on a few villages. The chakra being sucked from those humans will feed him until his reincarnation is found.

Kanji smile, showing his sharp teeth " soon" 

.........................................Elsewhere

Hiashi, at Naruto's house, was having dinner with Hinata. Boruto explained their assignment and spoke about his classmates, especially Tohru and Shin.  Hearing this, Hiashi told Boruto not to waste his time on those boys, and to try to surpass them. Hinata frowned at that. Her father asked for Naruto. 

" his working late again" she says sadly

Hiashi hits his hand on the table, startling everyone. He looked at his daughter  " how long will this go on Hinata?" 

" Naruto has a responsibility to the village father"

hiashi sigh " I thought marrying your crush would make you stronger, but I was wrong. You continue to disappoint me everyday. First you dump the future hokage, then get yourself kidnapped. You quit being a ninja, and gave your leadership to your cousin, and now you can't even control your husband"

Hinata, embarrassed by her fathers words, looks at boruto. She told him to go to his room while they talked. He objected at first but then agreed.

He gave a confused glare at his grandfather before putting his hand in his pocket and walking away. When he reached a corner, he decided to hide to find out what was going on.

Hinata looks up at her father " You already know why I had to dump him. He still couldn't let go of his heart, even though he liked me.".

Hiashi scoff " because of your foolish love, and sacrifice, I had to step in"

" w...what did you do father?" 

" you know exactly what, and don't act like you didn't notice it"

Hinata now feeling ashamed, advert her eyes.she knew what her father meant. She heard it all, the conversation with Sakura and him. And she saw it with her own two eyes.she knew if naruto came to find out, he would hate her.