thirty-four

it was already friday and seri decided that it's the right time.

the whole week was absolutely weird. jaemin and donghyuck were the weirdest part of it. the two were awfully getting too close with her. they kept of having sleepovers at their house, they were having lunch on the same table and donghyuck never skipped classes the whole week.

something's really off.

seri just can't figure what it is and that's what she's asking them right now.

it was during their last class and mr. kim wasn't present so seri, donghyuck and the two guys were on the bleachers, watching some of the seniors practicing football.

dongsook left them for a moment to assist mark, who's part of the football team.

"what's up with you two?" seri finally let it out. "what are you up to, huh?" she lifted a brow.

jaemin nudged donghyuck.

the sun kissed male adjusted his collar. "nothing's wrong, seri. what are you talking about?"

seri rolled her eyes. "you two have been tailing me for a week. you can't just lie to me, tell me what's going on, hyuck."

the two boys looked at each other as if their eyes are talking, exchanging  messages. seri clicked her tongue in annoyance. she was certain the two boys were hiding something. she won’t really ask them about it but it clearly concerns her. or maybe it’s about her. the girl had no choice but pulled her last straw.

she got the skull keychain from her pocket and showed it to them. the corner of her lips curled up as she witness how the two had their eyes on the keychain, gulping.

“deathless… isn’t it?” she smirked.

“i knew a few things about them, thanks to the internet.” she slipped the keychain back to her pocket. “i found out that they’re a gang. quite notorious. and secretive i guess, can’t find anything else about them. the skull was their logo or sign, right?”

she frowns when they still kept quiet.

“so the guys i met a week ago were gang members. then after that night, you kept on tailing me…” she flipped her hair before staring directly at donghyuck. “i really don’t get what’s the connection of you guys with those deathless members.”

“perhaps, you’re part of deathless too?” she questioned.

jaemin laid back, “just tell her hyuck. i think it will be useful to us.”

donghyuck bit his tongue. he glanced at seri again and she was still staring at him. that stare was intimidating enough for him to break the eye contact. after all, she’s jaehyun’s sister. she was more than her innocent and perfect girl image.

“fine. just please, don’t ask anymore questions after this, jung.”

seri smiled, “great! now spill, lee.”

“first, we aren’t part of that infamous gang,” he started, “that keychain, they usually give that to their future victims. i just don’t understand, what have you done to marked?”

the girl folded her arms. “i just help them,” then she remembered the incident, “they two boys looked really innocent though. i guess they’re really right, we should never judge a book by its cover.”

the two boys looked at each other. “you saw their faces!?”

seri’s brows knitted, “yes, i did.”

“then that’s it. you saw the two members. deathless are really secretive. no one knows who’s part of that gang unless you’re also a member. the only thing that can tell us if they’re part of it is the skull tattoo, which will be hard since most members place their tattoos on really hidden parts of their body.”

she nodded quite nervous about the fact that she’s marked. and maybe, some deathless members are even plotting her death now, or maybe someone’s watching her. seri rubbed her forearms. then she’s on grave danger.

“so i’m in danger… okay.” she nibbled her lips. “but why are you two tailing me?”

donghyuck leaned closer to her. “you already said that you’re in danger. so why do you think we are here now? with you?”

seri started at him back. “you two are deathless members, right? you’re the one assigned to kill me?”

donghyuck chuckled, “we’re here to protect you, silly.”