Chapter 8

It's been two and a half weeks since Tommy got fostered by Dream. Since then, he finally settled into some sort of routine.

During Saturdays and Sundays, he stays at home, clean, and do whatever extra skills Dream wants him to learn—like drawing or playing an instrument or whatever.

On school days, he walks with Wilbur and Techno—not that he'd admit liking the company—until they met Tubbo at the intersection.

Mondays and Fridays after school he'd head straight home. Tuesdays, he hangs out with Tubbo, with Ranboo during Wednesdays and with both during Thursdays—not that Dream knows. He makes sure he gets home before Dream does. He's gotten some close calls, but so far, he hasn't been caught just yet.

Today was Thursday, and he thought it was gonna be the same old routine.

It wasn't.

"Where's Wilbur?" Tommy asked. He'd grown fond of the brunet due to their talks by the window. It wasn't much of a routine though since Wilbur would throw something at his window at very random times talking about very random topics.

Technoblade raised an eyebrow at him, "Why are you askin'?"

Tommy glared at the older, "Just tell me," he whined.

"You know the music shop?" Techno asked.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"So yeah, apparently it's having a sale and Wilbur's skipping school for it. Says he might come in around lunch time 'cause we have an exam later," Technoblade explained. "Don't tell him I told you that," he added.

"Oh yeah!" Tommy exclaimed. "He told me about it yesterday," he said absentmindedly.

Techno raised an eyebrow, "What? With your window messages?"

"No," Tommy stuttered. "I don't even pay attention to those, it's fuckin' stupid," he denied, despite his ears being red in embarrassment.

Tommy felt a hand tug on his collar and by instinct he pulled away and hit the person's hand, hard.

"Easy kid," Techno said, both hands up in the air, indicating that he wasn't there to cause any harm. "I was just making sure you don't get run over." Tommy looked behind him and saw the cars speeding past the pedestrian lane, and realizing that he nearly walked off and gotten hit by a fucking car.

"Oh," Tommy said. 

"Yeah, oh," Technoblade sighed in relief, shaking the hand that Tommy hit around, to lessen the stinging sensation, "C'mon, we can cross now," he said, not questioning why Tommy had hit him so hard, and began leading the way.

***

School was as uneventful as every other day so once the clock struck 2 pm, Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo Were practically rushing out of school, talking about how one of their teachers got so off topic that they learned what her neighbor's great grand nephew's daughter's cousin did one summer, 7 years ago. It was...interesting to say the least.

"I still can't believe that they managed to talk about that for two whole hours," Ranboo said.

"What are you even complaining about?" Tubbo asked.

"Yeah, that class was basically free period," Tommy said.

"Uhuh, it also means we're behind a lesson," Ranboo said.

"Pfff, who needs algebra anyway?" Tommy asked.

"Aspiring Math professors?" Ranboo asked.

"Well I'm not gonna be a Math professor, so everyone else can suffer or something," Tubbo said.