Chapter 14

Warning! Hospital Scene, Past Abuse, Manipulation, Panic Attack

Tommy Innit was not sick. 

But he is in denial.

Tommy shuddered, burying himself deeper into his sweater. He made sure he had everything before locking the door. He turned around, pushing his keys in his pocket, before spotting the twins waiting for him as per routine, despite Tommy never asking them in the first place. 

"Hey Toms," Wilbur greeted, face twisting into a frown. "You feeling alright, man?" He reached forward to feel the younger's forehead.

Tommy pushed the hand away, "Yeah, I'm feeling great! Fuck off," he snarled, tightening his grip on his bag.

Techno raised an eyebrow, humming, "You sure kid? 'Cause, no offense you look like—"

"Shit," Wilbur interrupted. "You look like absolute shit."

"Geez, such a confidence boost," Tommy rolled his eyes. "C'mon already." He began to lead them before stumbling on air. 

"Tommy, you look like you're gonna faint," Technoblade said, reaching out to steady the boy. 

"I think you should stay home today," Wilbur said, placing his hands on the younger's shoulders.

"Shove off," Tommy shrugged the hand off, sneezing, "I have to go to school. Today's the last day of exams."

"You can take the exam when you're feeling better," Technoblade said.

"But that means I can't get the results on Friday and I need those results on Friday," Tommy insisted.

Wilbur and Techno exchanged looks, silently communicating. "Well, I mean, if you're sure," Wilbur said, hesitantly. 

"I don't think you're gonna let us stop you anyway," Techno shrugged, leading the way. 

"As long as you head home right after," Wilbur said. "No going to the park with Tubbo and Ranboo, I bet they'd make you go home anyway."

Tommy rolled his eyes, "Fuck off, you're not my parent."

He was gonna nail these exams, just you wait.

***

Okay, maybe going to school with every part of your body aching, all sniffling, sneezing, itching, and having a hard time breathing so you can take an exam wasn't the best idea, because Tommy was sure he fucked the last four exams. Not to the extent that he'd fail, he doesn't think so, but it's gonna be...fucking hell. 

The first two subjects were lucky, 'cause after lunch, after all the fucking carrots, he could barely process the question. He was sure he read most of those wrong, heck he doesn't even know if he read the directions. His Geography teacher specifically was a dick when it comes to directions. One time, he didn't circle his answer all the way through and he marked it as wrong despite his answer being right. He complained about it but he just wouldn't let that tiny space go. 

"You sure you're good to walk on your own?" Ranboo asked. "Tubbo and I can like, walk you home and stuff."

"Yeah, yeah, I'l be fine. 's just cars, innit?" Tommy said. 

"Don't die!" Tubbo waved at him as he and Ranboo separated ways from the blond.

On his way home, Tommy made sure he was looking where he was going, especially when crossing the road. Not that it would matter, everyone's gonna die anyway. Just never his time. 

Fuck is that a dog? He exclaimed in his mind. He kept eye contact with it, slowly moving away. The dog low-key following his movements. Just as Tommy thought it was good, the dog leaped and started chasing him. Flight senses came in and next thing he knows, he was zipping through the neighborhood.