Chapter 27

Warnings: Mentions of Abuse

Officer Ant walked through the rough dirt that extended into the forest. He watched the time; it was pretty early, around 9 am. Hopefully the person they're visiting is awake at this time. The officer's thoughts were cut off as a grunt to his right caught his attention. "Where are we going this early in the mornin' again? Also, why am I here?"

Ant sighed, glancing at the pink haired male beside him. "Phil wasn't exactly present at the scene when you found Tommy, and Wilbur's busy. I know you don't really do the 'talk with people' shtick, but we can't really put this visit off any longer, so you're the next best choice."

Techno crossed his arms on his chest, leaning back into his seat, "Okay, you didn't really answer the first question."

"Wilbur gave us a little lead on a guy named Geroge N. Found," Ant started, "From the records we found, he supposedly lives somewhere around here."

"So you're gonna interrogate him where Dream is?"

"We're hoping that we'll find Dream there, but if not, then yeah. If he genuinely doesn't know, we can do a little plan B, and ask him where this Sapnap Halo lives. Unlike George, his records aren't very updated. It's possible he doesn't even live in this town any more."

In the corner of his eye, Ant spotted a house with red accents. "I think we're here," he said, parking the car to the side. The two hopped out of the car and eyed the house in marvel.

"What kind of weirdo lives with mushrooms?" Techno grumbled watching the fungi that surrounded the house.

Ant shrugged, walking up to the door, "Each to their own." He knocked and waited. When no one answered, he knocked again. "Hello? Is this the home of George N. Found? I'm from L'manburg Police Force, we just need to ask a couple of questions." Still no answer.

"Are we breaking down the door?" Techno asked.

"You are literally talking to a police officer," Ant deadpanned.

"Not the first time."

"Is that a confession?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Ant sighed, knocking once again. "Hello?"

They heard a thud from the second floor. "Yeah!" A voice called, and moments later the door opened to reveal a man with disheveled brown hair, yawning. "Hello," he greeted.

"Ah, sorry to disturb your sleep, but we just have a couple of questions," Ant said, showing his badge.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, come in," George opened the door to let them inside.

Ant and Techno entered the house and followed George to the kitchen where the man served them tea. "What is this about?" George asked.

"I hope you don't mind me recording this conversation," Ant took out a voice recorder from his pocket, "Just for the records, can you please state your full name."

"Geroge Not Found."

Ant nodded, "Alright, this is concerning a case from nearly two weeks ago."

George furrowed his eyebrows, "Two weeks ago? Isn't that like, a while ago now?"

"Yes, but it took a while before the victim was able to give a proper statement, and our only lead isn't very cooperative," Ant said. "Anyway, a case from two weeks ago which your friend Dream Taken was involved in."

George's eye twitched, "Dream? What's he gotten into?" Guessing by the reaction, Ant was pretty sure that Dream wasn't going to be hiding out here.

"Basically, child abuse, and possibly attempted murder," Ant stated bluntly, making Goerge widen his eyes. "We have Technoblade Craft," Ant gestured to the male beside him, "to explain more about the situation."