Chapter 18

Warning! Manipulation, Child Abuse, Fires, Threats of Violence, Unintentional self-harm (i.e. picking on skin, clutching hair), Bad relationship with food

Monday came quickly and soon enough, Tommy finds himself in the supermarket, pushing a cart as he followed Dream around as they gathered ingredients for a classic spaghetti and meatballs. Something easy to make, as Dream says. 

"We still have eggs at home," Dream listed off. "Tommy, go grab some breadcrumbs and meet me at the meat aisle."

Tommy nodded, "Will do!" he said, pushing the cart to wherever the breadcrumbs are. He stopped in front of a shelf and silently wondered to himself what brand he should get.

"The one at the top's pretty good," a voice behind him said.

Tommy turned around, trying to look unphased, only to find Technoblade leaning forward on his own cart watching Tommy struggle. "Piss off, I know what to get," Tommy said. 

Technoblade rolled his eyes, "Sure," he drawled, "and you're not holding five different brands of breadcrumbs trying to compare them."

"I am not," Tommy said as he tried to put back the breadcrumbs and absolutely failing as one of them drops to the floor. He crouched down to grab it and put it back on the shelf. He then grabbed the one Techno said was good, put it in his cart then looked back at Technoblade who had a mildly amused look on his face. 

"The fuck are you even doing here anyway?" Tommy asked, shifting the topic to Techno. 

Technoblade hummed, "I don't know, planting trees?" he raised an eyebrow at the younger, "What do you think I'm doing in a supermarket?"

"I dunno, hiding a body or something?" Tommy said with no hesitation. 

Techno sighed, "Where would I even hide a body here?"

"Meat freezer."

"...you are tiring to talk to," Technoblade said. 

"I am a delight to talk to," Tommy countered. 

Techno sighed, "Whatever, I'm gonna go find Phil," he waved goodbye to the younger. 

Tommy waved as the man turned his cart at a corner, "Fuckin' prick," he said. "Mememe look at me, I know how to cook, bleh." He pushed his cart towards the meat aisle, just as Dream finished picking out the ground beef.

"I think that's about it," Dream says as he put the meat inside the cart. "Let's head to the cashier."

Tommy pushed the cart towards the front of the supermarket and fell in line. Behind them approached another cart. "Well will you look at that?" He hears a voice say from behind them. 

Just as Tommy thought he had gotten rid of Technoblade, he comes back with his whole family in tow. "Philza," Dream nodded at the man politely. 

"Looks like you guys are cooking something up for tonight, huh?"Phil said. 

"Yeah, something simple," Dream answered with a small chuckle s he started handing the cashier their stuff. "I'm teaching Tommy here to cook."

"Ahh," Phil took a quick look over at what's in their cart before facing Dream with a goofy looking smile, "well, I hope that does you good. Wilbur here can't be trusted in the kitchen. I tried," he laughed. 

"I'm a great cook, the kitchen just doesn't like me," Wilbur defended. 

"I'll make sure Tommy can cook himself a meal," Dream said before turning to Tommy. "Right, kiddo?" 

"Y—yeah!" Tommy exclaimed, "I'm gonna be the biggest chef in the world."

Dream rolled his eyes, "Well, it was nice chatting with you, but it seems that we have to get going," he said, taking one bag while gesturing for Tommy to get the other. "See you around."