Chapter 15

Tommy woke up early the next day. Sure, Phil had told him he shouldn't go to school, but it was an instinct of him to wake up early—his body refusing to go pass his usual wake up time in fear that Dream will catch him still asleep. 

So, to be productive, Tommy got up and grabbed his backpack that he got back from Phil's car yesterday and began stuffing it with his school items. "Wait a minute," Tommy said staring at the item he just shoved in, "Why did I put a glass in my bag?" He asked himself, taking it out and placing it on the floor next to him. 

Once he was sure everything was in his bag, he stood up, stumbling a bit before letting out a yawn. He tried rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and sure enough he still felt like shit. He grabbed the backpack off the floor and carefully twisted the doorknob—thankfully it wasn't creaky. 

Tommy slowly made his way downstairs, he wasn't too worried  that he'd get caught. He's sneaked around so much from the old homes—whether it's to go to the kitchen to get some food after not getting fed at dinner, or escaping at night 'cause he just can't take the house anymore. 

He managed to get to the front door, no problem. Phil was talking to someone on the phone in his room, while the twins were already outside on their way to school. Tommy trailed the two, making sure he wasn't visible. 

Techno turned around, making Tommy panic and jump behind an alley. A few seconds passed and Tommy let out a breathe. He looked back at the twins and they were walking again, so he trailed after them.

***

"And ya know, Sally was like—" Wilbur stopped talking and let out a sigh, facing his twin, "It's the fourth time you've looked behind us. What's wrong?"

"Someone's following us," Technoblade stated.

Wilbur looked towards the direction Techno was eyeing, "What the fuck? Why would anyone be following us?" He stared at the tree, waiting for movement. 

"I don't know," Techno said. "You selling drugs or something?"

"Haha," Wilbur laughed sarcastically, "What? Slain any orphans lately?"

"Achoo!" 

The two snapped away from their bickering upon hearing the sneeze. Techno approached the tree cautiously, Wilbur right behind him. Once closer, the two finally had a good look at the tree and found, "Tommy?" Techno questioned. 

"What the fuck are you doing up a tree?" Wilbur asked. 

"What tree? I'm on a fuckin' unicorn, bitch!" 

Wilbur gave the blond a 'the fuck?' kinda look, "Just, come down here please."

"Okay." Tommy rose from his seat on the branch and started getting down. Once low enough, Techno reached up and held Tommy by his waist and lifted him down to the ground.

"Tommy, what are you doing here?" Techno asked.

"My street, my rules," Tommy declared. "I'm going to school, what do you think?"

Techno sighed, "First of all, this isn't your street," he reached for Tommy's forehead, "Second of all, you still have a fever, and it's pretty high."

"Heh, like me," Tommy said with a dopey smile making Techno roll his eyes. 

"Third of all, you're still wearing the clothes I gave you last night," Wilbur pointed out. 

Tommy looked down at his clothes, sure enough he wasn't wearing his signature red and white attire and instead was wearing a loose yellow sweater. "Oh," he said.