thirty-five

“but why? Why would you?” seri asks, confused why the two would get themselves involve with her dangerous situation.

donghyuck was also perplexed at her question. “why not?”

seri held her breath to compose herself.

“i really don’t understand, hyuck. fact, we are really not that close enough and- just-“ she struggled in picking up the wring words to express her thoughts. “it’s just that i can’t see the reason why you two will uhm protect me. i’m practically a stranger.”

“we’ve been classmates since middle school, seri,” jaemin stated.

“still not enough reason.”

donghyuck slowly nodded his head. “okay, i get it. but we just wanna help because we can, alright? “

seri still had that suspicious stare making jaemin conclude, “you still think we’re part of deathless, huh?”

the girl shook her head immediately. not because she wasn’t thinking about that but rather she didn’t want to offend the boys.

donghyuck just save her a smile, “that’s great seri. be wary of the people around you, okay? we really don’t have an idea who the enemy is.”

the girl remained silent.

“but you know, the whole week we’ve been observing your surroundings and i don’t think someone’s tailing you or keeping an eye at you. maybe the deathless are still not on their move-“ the sun kissed male halted his words when he noticed that her face pale.

he carefully tapped her shoulder, “hey, we’ll keep you safe… don’t worry, hmm?”

seri just nodded. “okay, i’ll remember that.”

“should I order some pizza or chicken? or both? or we can-“ dongsook stopped and placed her phone on top of dresser near her and approached the girl who was seated at the bed while spacing out.

seri and dongsook were currently at seri’s room after seri persuaded her for a sleepover. and of course,  the sun kissed girl was quite surprised to see her brother, jaemin and even jeno playing some video games at the leaving room together with sungchan and shotaro.

dongsook sat across ser and placed her hand on top of her shoulder, startling the bestfriend. “you scared me, sookie.”

“seri, is something bothering you?” she asks, completely worried about her. “you know you can always tell me anything, right?”

seri just nodded.

dongsook sighed and hugged the other, “it’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it. just know that I got you, hmm?”

when the hug ended, seri spoke, “sookie, can your brother kill? i mean can he fight? can he harm another person?”

the girl pouted, “you’re worried about that? why? did you two fight? i thought he was already enlightened!”

then dongsook layed on the bed, “but to answer you’re question, i think he can fight but i never saw him fight anyone like punch and stuffs like that. mostly, he just do stupid things but i never saw him beat up another person.”

seri bit her lower lip, maybe donghyuck just wants to help her out because she’s his twin’s bestfriend.

“but seri…” dongsook spoke again, “i can assure you, he won’t harm you. Well, before he did but i can see it, he won’t do something that can do harm to you. trust me.”

the girl looked at her bestfriend, “you sure?”

dongsook nodded.

“why are you so sure?”

“just because…” dongsook got up from the bed, “so chicken or pizza?”

seri also got up. “chicken wings. and sprite for me.”

the girl nodded and got her phone to order while seri looked at the window. it was already dark so she decided to close the certains.

just when she was about to close them, she noticed a tall boy looking at her. he had his hood on but he can see him smirking.

she gulped.

even with the hood, she recognized who it was.