Sweets and Studies- CH24

A/N: everybody, I have been blown away by the outpouring of support and love and well-wishes and I want to thank all of you so, so much xx

An extra long chapter for all of your kind, beautiful, wonderful, supportive– I seriously don't have enough words guys, just thank you for your comments, they've made my last few days <3

TWENTY-FOUR:

Hermione was practically cackling as she and Loki appeared at his beach house, turning a steadily deeper red as she wheezed unsuccessfully for breath.

"The looks on their faces!" She managed to choke out before being reduced back into gales of laughter.

Beside her, Loki was practically preening like the smug peacock he secretly was.

"They just can't deal with this much awesome," he told her sagely.

"They're going to be so confused," Hermione told him gleefully. "They definitely thought you were a muggle– now they're going to be wondering how I know a wizard and trying to figure out your accent and your blood purity. The clothes aren't going to help." Loki was wearing dark muggle jeans, boots and a printed comic book t-shirt of some American superhero with angel wings.

"I've got more magic in a drop of my blood than all three of them have in their entire body," Loki snorted. "So do you, for that matter. Also," here Loki narrowed his eyes at her, "we're going to have a little chat about you hiding things from me."

"Me? Hide something from you?" Hermione widened her eyes, blinking innocently up at him. "I would never!"

"Oh, don't you try that look on me, my Mini Miss Mischief," Loki tutted, playfully wagging a finger at her, "I had to hear from Váli about some little brat who was causing you so much trouble– Váli." He shook his head slightly, looking mildly disgusted.

"I didn't even tell Váli, I told Eris," Hermione protested. "And it wasn't anything I couldn't sort out myself– I promise. If it was more than I could handle, I would have told you, I swear," she looked earnestly up at Loki who narrowed his eyes.

"Oh no you don't – you're not escaping my wrath that easily!" He threatened.

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully before letting her expression settle into something more serious, her god's expression shifting to match. "I looked the Malfoy family up," she said quietly. "I recognised the name from the books about the war with Voldemort. It's easy enough to track them– witches and wizards are very keen on their family histories. The Malfoys are known for their success in knowing which way the wind blows and then turning their sails in that direction."

"Bad faith Malfoys," Loki said, darkly amused.

"Bad faith Malfoys," Hermione agreed. "Once it became clear to Draco Malfoy that bothering me wasn't going to be the popular thing, or in his best interest, he stopped."

"And how else are things going at Hogwarts?" Loki asked her, snapping his fingers to conjure up a large, squashy couch for them both to sink into. "It sounds like you've already got a revolution in the works."

"I've got a what in the works?" Hermione asked, puzzled. Loki looked fondly at her.

"The revolution you're starting with your friends. It's always the same with these things– once one person does it first, it's easier for the second person. Think of a riot– once one person throws a stone, or breaks a window, it's easier for the next person to do the same. From the sound of it, you've got friends in Slytherin, Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, as well as being a muggleborn in Slytherin who's friends with Slytherin purebloods, and by everything I've heard, that's very uncommon."