Lollies and Loki- Ch46

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX:

"Now, students," Professor McGonagall addressed them, brisk but not unfriendly in her overall manner, just efficient. "Who brought their booklist with them today?" Five hands immediately rose in the air with varying degrees of eagerness. Dean, however, just looked up at the professor sheepishly and she sighed in response. "I suspect you'll be one of mine," she said, "never mind, Mr. Thomas. Why don't you share with Mr. Entwhistle? Everybody, please take out your lists."

Hermione did as she was told, carefully removing the booklist from the bookbag she'd brought with her, the homemade one from Ina with bright blue, green and sandy colours, and little shells in it, like the sea, sand and sun in weave.

Despite the care she'd taken, the parchment had badly creased from the number of times she'd unfolded and folded it in the year since she'd received her Hogwarts letter and the ink had faded, but the words were still legible.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black)

One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope set

1 brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK

"Strangest bloody booklist I've ever seen," muttered Mr Perks, whose temper was apparently running short after the Gringotts cart ordeal. Professor McGonagall levelled a cool look at him and the man immediately wilted in place, chastised.

"Excellent. Shall we begin?" The professor asked, and nobody was quite brave enough to do anything but nod hurriedly in response.

Their first stop was Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, as Professor McGonagall explained that the shop had been booked that morning specifically for the muggleborn orientation tour and that Madam Malkin would then complete their order ready for an afternoon pick-up while they did the rest of their shopping.