Quattuor

Chapter Four:  The Mint Green Scarf

          The Bishop and the Mother Superior instantly nodded when Father Daniels informed them to leave

The Bishop and the Mother Superior instantly nodded when Father Daniels informed them to leave. They were an understanding pair, but they would have preferred to watch the famous priest in action. It was more of their curiosity why they wanted to witness it, not because of the concern for the girl. They knew that Father Azrael would handle it perfectly, so to worry about her wasn't necessary.

The two priests remained inside the room with the door locked and the only window above the headboard closed. If anything comes out of her body, Father Azrael wanted to make sure that it will not jump out from one host to another.

He took a long, deep sigh, and then uttered merely to himself, "Here it goes."

He placed his bag down the floor and proceeded to stand on the side of the bed where the nun sat earlier.

"Uh, Father? Aren't you going to use something from your bag?" Father Daniels asked all of a sudden, looking at his counterpart holding nothing.

"No," was Father Azrael's quick reply, "There is nothing in there except for a pen and a pad of paper."

"Oh."

Father Daniels raised his brows in surprise. He unconsciously questioned himself how was he going to do the rite without a bible and a crucifix in hand?

Well, Father Azrael is wearing a pectoral cross though, he might use it later, it was the priest's first thought, but as he continued to observe, Father Azrael only pulled up his sleeves to the elbows and did nothing more.

"Ah, Father Azrael?" he abruptly called once again. "What am I to do?"

Father Azrael simply closed his eyes and answered, "Silence, Father. I just need you to be silent. You don't need to do anything other than to hold the girl when the demon is out."

Father Daniels wanted to suggest something, but decided to stay silent anyway. This would be the first time he would witness this young exorcist do his rite.  Considering he was ten years older, he might pick up a few updated ways here and there while watching him.