Novem

'While some people fear demons, or attempt to exorcise them, others willfully attempt to summon them for knowledge, assistance, or power. The ceremonial magician usually consults a grimoire, which gives the names and abilities of demons as well as detailed instructions for conjuring and controlling them. Grimoires aren't limited to demons - some give the names of angels or spirits which can be called, a process called theurgy.

~Wikipedia

Chapter Nine:  Summoning The Omnipotent One

Pope Benedict the First before he became the Holy Pope was once the cardinal of Franglen City. As primus inter pares among the cardinals and a major figure on the Vatican stage for half of a century, he carried the spiritual burden of the Vatican City more than the other cardinals do. It was with this reason that he consulted a ceremonial magician to call on the assistance of the angels of the heavenly realm. 

It was in his native birthplace, Gutlavia, where the theurgy or the ceremonial rite of summoning an angel was performed. Sizouze and Barrattiel, the Angel of Prayer and the Angel of Support, respectively were supposed to be the heavenly beings that he wanted to summon. However, another being had surfaced during the call. It was the Archangel of Death, having a very potent name, a very powerful name, the name of Samael — an archangel and demon at the same time.

The conjurer, a middle-aged man wearing thick-framed glasses and a white klobuk, immediately fell prostrate in utter awe as he behold the glaring golden eyes of the owner.

He had beautiful flowing silver and red hair as long as his outstretched glorious two-layer black wings would be if adjoined. The platinum armor pants shined brightly like a thousand diamonds in the moonlight; its drapes covered the entire length of his feet as he stood towering in their front, in a megalithic stone structure in the center of a dense forest. His bare chest showed the thick hard slabs of his abdomen — sinews after sinews of brazen masculine virility — yes, an embodiment of unadulterated manliness.