Quīnque

Chapter Five: The Cherub Garden

Chapter Five:  The Cherub Garden

          It was late afternoon when they returned to the Palace

It was late afternoon when they returned to the Palace. Bishop Elliot went directly to the kitchen to inform the chef and the staff about a thanksgiving dinner he had whipped up to celebrate the exorcism success. He had invited Father Azrael, Father Daniels, Sister Cene, Sister Clarice, and Aurora to the dinner.

Father Azrael went ahead to his room and as soon as he reached there, he immediately took the pen and paper in the bag, sat in the small dining table, and wrote down everything that had happened — all the details including the place, the possessed human, the type of demon he had encountered, its features and lastly, his initial deduction. It was like a diary to him; a precise record of the many exorcisms that he had done as directed by the Holy Pope.

After this, he pulled out the third page of the recorded demon possessions and scratched out the words 'pending' and replaced it with his own entries.

Twenty-second Attack:

Date: February 13th 2005

Nature of Entity: Banshee

Location: St. Therese Charity House, Town of Sereves

Person Possesed: 8 years old, Jessa May, female

Status: Resolved, on February 18, 2005

Exorcist Priest: Father Azrael

Easy. So easy.

The thought loomed in his mind. The exorcism was too easy for him. Surely, it wasn't all. He felt that something was amiss. Something was just not right; especially when the second demon spoke to him in straight human language. The words dug deep in every fiber of his being, but he quickly dismissed it yet again.

Walking outside his balcony, he stared at the rural scene in front of him. It was relaxing. An exact time for a meditation indeed.

For a while, he closed his eyes and felt the clean cool breeze against his cheeks. It was only after a long minute when his trance was cut off by a loud shrill of a child's voice. He glanced down to where the charity house was located and noticed that the beginning sunset had reflected a touch of orange onto its roofs and the silver bell reflecting a blinding light.