Prologue

22 year old Lauren Jauregui was taking a stroll in the park, hoping to get some fresh air to clear her head. She wore a loose red flannel, buttoned up just slightly above her chest, black skinny jeans that hung on her hips with black heeled ankle boots. She kept her long wavy dark hair down and she ran her fingers through her hair every few seconds to part them to a side, to keep it away from her green emerald eyes.

Lauren shoved her hands into the front pockets of her jeans as she walked. She shut her eyes as she stopped walking suddenly. She opened them as she looked up and took a deep breath. She felt her phone buzz in her pocket. Lauren whipped it out and answered the call.

"Hello?" she said. Her voice betrayed her as it broke. She could feel a lump in her throat as she blinked away the tears as she listened to the call.

"Lauren?"

"I'll be right there," she said as she ended the call. Lauren took a deep breath before she exhaled.

~

Lauren walked through the door of the hotel lobby with her head down and her black Ray Ban shades on. She walked into the elevator and pressed a button but just as the door was about to close, someone stopped it. When it opened again, Lauren was face to face with her bandmate, 21 year old Camila Cabello. Lauren averted eye contact with the brunette as the younger girl entered.

"So," Camila started, "Today's the day, huh?"

Lauren simply nodded.

"Are you not gonna talk to me?"

"I've got nothing to say," Lauren said with a weak voice.

Camila pressed the red button and the elevator came to a halt. The young brunette turned and faced the dark haired girl.

"Lauren, look at me," Camila said firmly and Lauren looked up.

"Take the shades off and look me in the eyes," Camila said as she took a step closer. Lauren's trembling hand slowly took off her shades and her tear filled emerald green eyes met Camila's chocolate brown ones.

"Lauren, whatever happens, I'll always be there for you. I'll always be your friend, or a shoulder to cry on," Camila paused as she took Lauren's trembling hands in hers.

"This is not the end of us," Camila said.

Lauren looked at their hands before she looked back up, "It is the end of something," she said.

Camila gave her a sad smile as she kissed Lauren's hand before she cupped Lauren's cheek with her right hand, her thumb gently brushing against her cheek. Lauren looked down before she pressed the red button again and the elevator moved.

~

The conference room was silent. Lauren sat at the far end of the table with her head down and her eyes covered by her shades. Camila sat a few seats down as she watched the older girl with worry. The other three girls of Fifth Harmony walked in; 25 year old Ally Brooke Hernandez, 22 year old Normani Kordei Hamilton and 21 year old Dinah Jane Hansen. They sat there in silent for a long time.

"So," Dinah spoke up, "This is it, huh?" she asked.

"This is where it all ends? After six years? This is it?" Dinah asked.

"I guess," Normani said.

"C'mon ya'll, let's look on the bright side," Ally spoke, "We did a lot of good while we were together," she said.

"Yeah, we saved people, we changed their lives. Isn't that what matters?" Normani asked.

"And besides, this doesn't mean we'll stop being friends," the oldest girl added.

"Ally's right," Camila said.

"Like we said before," she paused, "We could still hang out as friends," she said as she looked over at Lauren, who hasn't said a word since she entered the room.

"Lauren?"

"I just... I don't want to say goodbye," Lauren said, her voice cracking.

Camila stood up as she walked over to the girl. She took the shades off as she looked into Lauren's red and puffy eyes. She pulled the girl up before she wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck and hugged her tightly. The other three girls stood up and hugged the two girls. After a while, they pulled away. Camila cupped Lauren's cheeks as she wiped the dried tears with the pad of her thumb.

Camila gave her a sad smile, "It'll be okay, Lauren. I promise."

~

"Miss Jauregui?"

27 year old Lauren Jauregui looked up from the window seat and blinked at the driver.

"Welcome to New York," the driver said.

"Thanks, Dan," Lauren said as she grabbed her crutches and got out of the car. She stared at the building in front of her as the driver helped to carry Lauren's luggage.

~

"Welcome to your new apartment, Miss Jauregui," said the landlady.

"Thank you," Lauren said as she entered the apartment. She carried herself towards the huge window and looked at the city below her as she let out a sigh. Lauren never would have expected her to come back. Not after that day. That day that changed her life drastically.

The only difference was, then, she was with the girls. Her sisters and her second family. Now, she was alone.