Chapter 6

Lauren's hands hovered above the keyboard of her laptop. She clenched her hand in a fist before opening them and shaking them. Lauren took a deep breath before she began typing. Lauren hadn't written anything in a long time but she had the sudden urge to write that day. So, she wrote. She wasn't thinking about what words she was typing into the documents. She just typed.

Lauren was halfway through the second chapter when she heard her phone buzz and she jumped at the sound. Lauren blinked. She grabbed her iPhone and saw that it was Camila.

"Hello?" Lauren said as she answered the phone.

"Hi. How are you?"

"I'm good," Lauren said, "And you?"

"Tired as always. What are you doing?" Camila asked.

"Um, writing actually," the older woman said.

"Really? I thought you quit," Camila said.

Lauren felt a smile crept onto her lips, "I felt inspired lately."

"Oh yeah? Do tell."

Lauren's smile widened as she let out a nervous laugh, "You gotta wait until you're back here."

"You know what? I'll take that deal," Camila said.

"So, where are you?" Lauren asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Camila teased.

Lauren let out a chuckle. Then she heard a knock on her door.

"Hey, Camila? I'll call you back," Lauren said as she grabbed her crutches and made her way to the door. When she opened them, her jaw dropped. In front of her was none other than Camila Cabello. Camila gave her a warm smile before she hugged the older woman.

"You're here," Lauren said as she hugged her back with one hand.

"Of course, where else would I be?" Camila asked as she walked into the apartment.

"I don't know, LA maybe?" Lauren suggested as she closed the door and made her way to the couch, where Camila sat.

"LA's boring and besides, New York is kinda growing on me," Camila said as she stretched. Lauren blushed as she looked away because Camila exposed her toned abs and belly button when she stretched.

"Why are you standing? Come sit here and cuddle with me," Camila said. Lauren let out a light chuckle as she sat beside Camila and almost instantly, the younger Latina rested her head on Lauren's shoulder as she wrapped her arms around Lauren's waist as she nestled up.

"I missed you," Camila said in a baby voice.

"It's only been a month since you left," Lauren said.

"It's been too long," she said with a pout. Lauren found it endearing whenever the brunette did that. Lauren wrapped one arm around Camila's body as she kissed the top of her head.

"I missed you too, Camz," Lauren said.

Lauren's eye widened when she realized what she had just said. Her heart picked up speed as she tried to calm down.

"You haven't called me that in forever," Camila said as she lifted her head and looked into Lauren's eyes.

"It slipped," Lauren said as she tried to avoid eye contact.

"Lauren," Camila said, "Look at me."

When Lauren didn't move, Camila held Lauren by her chin and turned her head, "Look at me," she said. When Lauren met her gaze, a huge smile appeared on Camila's face.