Chapter 5

Lauren was on her macbook, scrolling down her dashboard on Tumblr, reblogging and liking whatever captured her attention when Camila walked in and took the laptop away from her.

"Hey!" Lauren exclaimed but Camila ignored her as she walked into the bedroom. When she came out, she was holding Lauren's pill bottles.

"Fine," Lauren said as she took the bottles and took her medication.

"Can I have my laptop back?" Lauren asked.

Camila scrunched up her nose as she smiled. Instead of returning her the device, Camila climbed onto Lauren's lap and wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck.

"What are you doing?" Lauren asked, her heart beating rapidly.

Camila said nothing as she pulled out her iPhone and pulled up the camera.

"Camila, no."

"Lauren, we haven't taken a selfie in forever. Come on," Camila said as she positioned the iPhone to get a good lighting.

"Smile for me, please?"

Lauren took off her glasses as she wrapped her arms around Camila's waist and smiled into the camera.

"Oh that's cute," Camila said as she smiled.

"What are you doing?"

"Posting it," Camila said as she looked at Lauren, "You're not still upset about the whole Camren thing, are you?"

"I was never upset about the Camren thing," Lauren said, "I was just upset that some fans took things too far," she added.

"Well, you know better than anyone that Harmonizers go hard. And if those Harmonizers ship Camren, which happens to be the most deprived ship in the fandom, I think they'd go twice or ten times harder."

"True," Lauren said with a nod. Camila turned her phone towards Lauren.

@camilacabello97: MISSED THIS BABE SO MUCH!!! Love ya Lern Jergi!! @LaurenJauregui http://instagram.com/p/z-MgKNAE-B/

The tweet had an instagram link below it. Lauren clicked on the link and smiled when she saw the post. There were thousands of comments and likes coming in. Lauren picked up her phone and opened up her twitter, which she hasn't used in years and she saw thousands upon thousands of notification coming in.

"Whoa," Lauren breathed out.

"I kind of forgot what this felt like," Lauren said as she set her phone down.

"No one forgot about you," Camila said with a gentle tone, "You're a hard person to forget, Miss Jauregui," she added.

"Let me remind you that the Harmonizers worshipped you like a God," said the brunette, "And I kinda understand why. You're perfect," she said.

"Not anymore," Lauren said as she looked down. Camila frowned as she held Lauren by her chin and turned her head so that Lauren was looking at her.

"Hey, don't ever bring yourself down. You're beautiful," Camila said firmly. Lauren blinked at her in surprise. Camila had grown into a beautiful and confident woman and Lauren was amazed.

"And besides, if you were ugly, then what does that make me?"

"Are you kidding me? You're so beautiful," Lauren said.

"And so are you," Camila said as she bump her forehead lightly with Lauren's.

~

Camila sat at one end of the couch as Lauren sat on the other. Camila was stretched out and she was resting her legs on Lauren's lap. Lauren was holding onto them with one hand and her other hand was holding on her book.

"Hey Lauren?"

"Hmm?" Lauren hummed in response.

"Do you miss Fifth Harmony?" Camila asked. Lauren looked up from her book as the younger Latina continued, "Like do you miss performing as Fifth Harmony? With all the girls?"

"I do," Lauren said as she set the book down on the table.

"So if you had a choice and you could go back, would you change what happened to us?" Camila said as she leaned in.

"In a heartbeat," Lauren said.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of you and your success but I miss being together. We would talk about anything and everything. We had each other's backs and we'd be there to support each other," Lauren stopped herself as tears filled her eyes, "It was something I needed after the group broke up."

"Now everyone's gone and I'm all alone," Lauren said.

"Hey," Camila said as she shifted so that she was sitting right beside Lauren, "You're not alone. I'm here and Ally's here."

"Ally has her own family to worry about and you're Camila Cabello. You're at your peak and you won't be here tomorrow or the next day or the next... Soon you'll be gone too," Lauren said.

"Lauren," Camila started as she held Lauren's hands, "I promise you, I won't leave you this time. I made a mistake before and I don't plan on repeating it," Camila said as she kissed Lauren's hands.

"I love you," Camila said.

Lauren smiled, "I love you too," she said as she hugged her.

~

Soon, it was time for Camila to return back to Los Angeles. Ally had her husband, Troy Ogletree, drive the three Latinas to the airport so that they could see the youngest off. There weren't many people there, because they expected Camila to be there the day before. Camila hugged Ally and Troy goodbye before she turned to the green eyed beauty.

"Well, this is it," Camila said.

Lauren nodded as she kept her head down. Camila closed the gap between them as she cupped Lauren's face and brought them up to meet her gaze.

"Don't do that. I'll be back," Camila said. Lauren nodded as Camila hugged her.

"I'll call you. Every day. Call me if you want to talk. I don't care what time it is. As long as you do," Camila said as she pulled away. Camila gave Lauren a small smile before she leaned in and kissed her cheek gently.

"I love you," she said as Lauren smiled and nodded. Camila grabbed her suitcase and waved at the others before walking towards the counter to check in.

"Did you tell her?" Ally asked.

"I couldn't," Lauren said as Ally nodded. Lauren turned around as she made her way back to the car.

~

"Lauren?"

The 22 year old looked up and gave the 21 year old brunette a weak smile.

"So," Lauren said, "Los Angeles, huh?"

"Yeah," Camila said with a nod.

"Good luck," Lauren said.

"Thanks," Camila said. The two stood outside Lauren's room in silence for a while. Camila had an early flight that day and Lauren's flight wasn't until the next day. Neither of them wanted to say goodbye so they didn't. Camila gave Lauren a nod before she walked away.

"Camila, wait!"

"Lauren?"

The 27 year old opened her eyes and blinked them as they adjusted to the bright sunlight. She looked around and realized that she was still in the car. Lauren would always doze off in cars because if she were awake, she'd lose it.

"We're here," Ally said as Troy opened the door for her.