Chapter 3

"Lauren, what are you doing?"

"What?" Lauren asked as she looked up from her laptop. Ally, as always, asked the same thing the moment she walked into Lauren's apartment.

"I'm on tumblr. Leave me alone," Lauren said.

"No, I mean what are you doing with Camila?"

"You wanted to talk to her ever since she left. What changed?" Ally asked.

"Everything," Lauren said.

"Did you take your meds?"

Lauren shook her head, "They make me sleepy and numb. I don't like that."

"Doctor said-"

"Fuck what the doctors said. Ally, I can't walk, I have nightmares and I can't fucking sleep! Nothing in the world will ever make that better."

"I have a 1% chance that I'll be able to walk without these," Lauren said as she referred to the crutches on the couch.

"If there's still a chance, you shouldn't give up," Ally said, "I mean, look at Camila."

"She had a 1% chance to audition for the X Factor. She didn't give up. Look where she is now."

"Leave me alone, Allyson," Lauren said as she looked at the window.

"Okay then. If you need anything, call me," Ally said before she left.

Lauren looked at the city below her and let out a loud sigh.

~

"I'm surprised you call. I didn't think you'd want to see me."

Lauren looked up and met Camila's gaze. They sat at a secluded area in a café where no one would be able to see them. Lauren looked at her cardboard coffee cup and traced her fingers on the rim of the cup.

"No. I wanted to see you," Lauren said, "I just didn't want you to see me so... Weak," she added.

Camila reached out and held Lauren's hands, "Hey," she said as Lauren met her gaze, "You are not weak. Never in my eyes."

"I'm sorry," Lauren said as her voice cracked and tears filled her eyes.

"No, Lauren, it's okay," Camila said as she tried to move closer but she couldn't.

"Hey, listen to me," Camila said, "Don't shut me out. Talk to me," she said.

"I-" Lauren was cut off when Camila's phone began to buzz. Camila released Lauren's hand as she took out her phone from her purse.

"It's my manager," Camila said as she answered the call. Lauren looked away as she took a deep breath. She grabbed onto her crutches as she got up and walked off.

"Lauren, wait!"

"I'll call you back," Camila said as she chased after her former bandmate.

~

"Lauren, stop!"

The dark haired woman shut her eyes as she took a deep breath. She turned around as Camila approached her.

"Why do you keep leaving me?" Camila asked.

"Because I broke when you left me," Lauren said, "And you didn't come back," she said before she turned around and walked away.

~

Lauren opened the door of her apartment to find Ally there with Camila. The oldest Latina excused herself as she left Lauren and Camila to talk.

"Lauren-"

"Don't. Just don't," Lauren said as she walked towards the kitchen.

"Can we just talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about," she said.

"Why do you keep pushing me away? What did I do to you?"

"YOU LEFT ME!!"

"I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE!" Camila shouted back.

"Of course you had a choice," Lauren said, "But you chose to leave."

"No, Lauren. I didn't have a choice," Camila said. "You knew, better than anyone, that Fifth Harmony wasn't going to last. I was just doing what I had to."

"But you left me," Lauren said as tears filled her eyes, "You promised you wouldn't but you did."

"I didn't hear from you for five years Camila. No call, no text, no nothing. I thought you," Lauren took a deep breath, "I thought you forgot about me."

"Lauren, I couldn't forget you even if I wanted to," Camila said as she slowly walked towards her before she wrapped her arms around Lauren's neck and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you so much," Lauren said as she sobbed into Camila's shoulder.

"I missed you too, Lauren."