Chapter 7

Camila was back in Miami for two days to see her family. She was home but something felt off. It didn't feel like home anymore. Camila walked through the door and set her luggage by the wall.

"Hello? Anyone home?" she called out.

"Kaki?"

Camila looked up and smiled. Her 16 year old sister, Sofia 'Sofi' Cabello, walked down the stairs with a huge smile plastered on her face. Sofi looked just like Camila, despite the huge age gap but she had grown into a beautiful young adult.

"Hi Sofi," Camila said as she hugged her sister, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Sofi said as she hugged her back. Camila pulled away.

"So, where's mom and dad?" the older Cabello sister asked.

"They're out. Won't be back until later on," Sofi said.

"Um, you want something to drink? Water? Tea?"

"Water, will be fine. Thank you," Camila said.

"I'm glad you're home," Sofi said with a warm smile before she headed towards the kitchen. Camila felt her smile fade when Sofi walked away. She was home. She should feel like she was home but she didn't. She felt as if something was missing. Camila found herself on her phone, calling Lauren and the moment she heard her voice, Camila's face lit up as she smiled.

"Hey you," Camila said.

"Hey yourself," Lauren said cooly.

"Well, I just got to my parent's house. Turns out, they're actually out but Sofi's here," Camila said, "I just called to let you know that and that I miss you," she added.

"I miss you too, Camz," Lauren said as Camila's smile widened.

"You called me Camz," Camila said.

"Do you want me to call you something else?"

"No," Camila said as she sat on the steps of the stairs, "I love it when you call me that. I makes me feel special."

"You are special."

Camila smiled as she blushed. She looked up and saw Sofi coming back with a tall glass of water.

"I'll call you back, babe," Camila said.

"Okay. Tell Sofi I said hi."

"Will do."

"And Camz?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you," Lauren said.

Camila stood up, "I love you too," she said before she hung up.

"Who was that?" Sofi asked as she gave her sister the glass.

"Oh thanks," Camila said as she took the glass and took a sip.

"That was Lauren, actually. She said hi," Camila said.

"You still talk to her?"

"Yeah, I do. I sort of live in her apartment whenever I'm in New York. It beats staying in a hotel, alone," Camila said with a shrug.

"How is Lauren?"

"She's okay," Camila said with a reassuring smile.

"I'm glad," Sofi said.

The Cabello sisters spent the entire day catching up until their parents returned. They had dinner and caught up with one another and they had a nice time just chilling and hanging out. Camila felt slightly more at ease but she felt like something was missing. In the middle of the night, she found herself thinking about Lauren and that was when she realized that Lauren was the one that was missing.