3

Sienna POV

"Your total is five dollars" I tell the customer behind the counter.

She nods and inserts her card int the reader. I look to my left and see Ellie already making her drink.

Today is slow for sure.

I tell her, her coffee will be at the end of the counter and it will be done momentarily.

I look to the clock and it's only one o'clock. I sigh to myself and pick at the dead skin on my nails.

Soon it is just Ellie and I in the cafe and we rest against the counter. "It is usually never this dead." My friend comments to me.

"I know," I say with a sigh. "All I keep doing is checking the time. What are you doing after work?" I ask.

"I have a date tonight," She brags with a hum.

"With who?" I ask curiously.

"I met him a few days ago, his name is Dale."

Dale

"Where are you guys going?" I ask. I take out my phone and see a text from Logan asking about my day.

"He said it's a surprise so I'll let you know when I know," My friend says making me chuckle. "How are you and Logan? You know, this is the first summer you are taken. You are never single in the summer."

"I don't plan to be single in the summer," I correct. "It just happens to be that way. I guess we are good. Nothing new and exciting."

"Oh no. Sienna bored in a relationship? That means Sienna is about to be out of a relationship."

My cheeks heat by her comment. "No, he's a nice guy. He's not the usual one I go for, but we don't argue, he hasn't cheated, it's okay right now." I say.

I know I have a track record for bouncing between guys. Especially during the summer.

"If you say so," Ellie says through a hum.

The bell to the front door goes and our attention shifts to a person walking in.

I roll my eyes at the sight of Harry.

"We don't serve douchebags." I say humorously towards my supposed "childhood best friend".

"Good thing I'm not ordering," He says with a glare. "Is your manager here?"

"Not yet," I respond. "Why?"

"I'm working here now," Harry says with a chuckle. Dimples appear on his cheeks and his eyes look mocking,

"Say sike," I retort. "You knew I work here, I've been working here since..."

"Since what darling?" Harry asks. "Look, I am only here for a check. The only reason why I got a job here was because as you know, I already worked here before."

My eyes scowl Harry who I can't seem to escape. Two summers ago we used to work together. After certain events he just didn't return the next summer. He never told me why. Hell, he never even told me why he has turned into an asshole towards me.

Our conversation gets interrupted by our manager, Carla, walking in. She waves towards Harry and they begin their own conversation. My manager is wearing khakis and a white tank top. Her strawberry blonde hair is pulled into a messy bun and her shades rest on the top of her hair.

I turn back towards Ellie who has side eyes. She begins fanning herself with napkins and says, "Damn that sexual tension."

I nudge her shoulders and shake my head. "Only in his dreams."