15

Sienna POV

Harry remains silent after our brief stroll down memory lane.

Remembering about that night or even that day made my stomach turn and my anxiety rise. He never answered my text that night, which means obviously we never talked about anything.

"I texted you that night." I remind Harry who has his eyes shifted out the window. I pull my sleeves down to cover my hands that fell cold. 

"What was there to talk about? You kissed someone right in front of me. What else is there? I didn't want to hear your excuses." Harry asks, chuckling a bit. My cheeks by his bluntness.

"That morning, there was a girl on your front porch. She was blonde, a-and crying from what I remember. That is why I kissed Isaac." I explain in short terms.  I see his eyebrows furrow in confusion by my words.

"I didn't see anyone else when we were, I guess, together," Harry says while making eye contact with me. 

"Then who was the girl you were hugging?" I ask, scoffing. "When my Dad found out about us, he told me that he saw girls leaving your house early in the morning a few days a week. So when I saw it for myself I felt like an idiot ." 

Harry remains silent for a moment and rests his hand on his face. I see he is thinking about something by the way he looks right now. The rain is currently pouring down hard now and is hitting the car aggressively. I glance out the window and see the roads are blasted with water still.

"They weren't for me." Harry sighs. "Why didn't you tell me that your Dad saw them or even you?" His green eyes meet mine making my heart race. I can tell now he looks pissed off.

"What do you mean they weren't for you?" I question with furrowing eyebrows. 

"Gemma," That is all Harry says which makes me fall silent. "She isn't ready, to you know, talk about it, so that is all I can really say right now."

"What about the girls texting you?" I question. "I remember there was one that was always on your phone." 

"Gemma's ex. A lot happened with them that summer, that she asked me to keep private. But the girl, Kara, was um, asking for advice." Harry says while looking forward to the windshield. 

I stay silent for a moment and lean back in the chair. I feel, not stupid, but stupid, for jumping to conclusions. I never thought to think about Gemma and how she could've been interested in girls. 

"Oh." I answer. 

"Either way you were seeing Isaac, no?" Harry asks making my stomach drop. 

"No, the party was the first I saw of him since him and I broke up. I saw the girl leave your house, and so I kissed Isaac in front of you as I guess, payback." 

I feel stupid saying my reasoning. Looking back on it, I don't know what I was really thinking. I feel guilty now.

"Well I suppose we were both wrong, yeah?" Harry says while chuckling. His hand runs through his brown curls and his body shifts a bit uncomfortably in his car seat. 

"So, do you still hate me? Are we still doing this bickering relationship?" I ask while meeting his gaze. Harry's mouth opens then closes before he answers. 

"What exactly do you want Sienna? I spent the past two years thinking you were with another guy when we were intimate. I don't know how to exactly just move on knowing that it was a lie and I spent two years hating you for nothing." 

His words sink into me and my heart aches in the process. 

"I spent the last two years thinking you just wanted to get in my pants." I admit. His eyes scowl for a second at me from my sentence. 

"When have I ever came off like I just wanted sex from you?" He asks. His voice not raising but it is clear he sounds offended. 

"When I saw the girl text you, and left your house, in the moment it made sense." I briefly explain.

"In the end, I think we both can agree we weren't meant to try and see each other. We should've sticked to being friends." Harry says, once again making my heart ache. 

What exactly to I respond with? What exactly do I do?

I peer out the window of the car and drum my fingers along my thigh. I don't know how I exactly feel. I still haven't felt the way I did with Harry with anyone else, even with Logan; I never felt the way I did. I assume though, Harry didn't feel the way I did though if he regrets dating. 

"Okay." I say while looking back in his direction. Harry's eyebrows furrow and his head tilts.

"That's it?" He asks, looking confused. 

"The way I felt about you--or us--I don't know. I don't regret anything, I just think things could've ended better. But we can pretend nothing happened and move on." I say. I dig my teeth into my lower lip and suddenly feel nauseous. 

"I didn't say I regret anything. I just think being friends was better for us." Harry tells me. I nod and pull off a fake smile.

I look out the window and sigh when I see the rain is still aggressively pouring down at the roads are still flooded. I lean back in my seat and play with a loose string on my jacket.

"Can I ask you something?" I hear Harry ask. His voice is low and tired sounding. 

"Yeah." I say, turning to his direction.

"Did you," He pauses for a moment and looks to be in his thoughts. "Did you ever take us seriously?" 

His eyes look to be in pain from his question which makes me believe I really did hurt him by kissing Isaac and letting him assume I was with him all summer. 

"I did." I answer.

Harry nods and politely smiles before breaking eye contact. His fingers drum the steering wheel as he lets out a sigh.

"So where do we go from here?" I ask. "Are we friends, are we frenemies, are we just civil, what?" 

"I don't know." He says, making my anxiety raise. "What do you want?" 

"I don't care," I play off. "We work together, and our parents are best friends, we can't exactly escape that. Maybe the least you can do from now on is be nice." I joke.

Harry laughs by my last sentence, which makes me smile. "I can do that." He agrees. "For the rest, we will see where the wind blows." 

"Wanna shake on it?" I offer while extending my hand out. 

His eyes meet mine as his hand touches my hand, and shakes it. 

From this moment to the next, I don't know how we end up in the back seat taking off each others clothes.

A://N

hello lovelies!

next chapter will be up soon -- ty for everyone being patient with my updates. 

episode one to my podcast is out whoop whoop. I will be taking about Fairview Ave so if there is anything u wanna know shoot me a DM! link to my podcast is in my bio :)

ty all!

~Lauren