14

Sienna POV (Past)

Before my shift today at seven a.m, I decided to some of my summer assignments so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. 

I have two books to accomplish, and two math packets to tackle before my first day of class. I usually always spark note my books, and use a math website, but this year I am trying to stay on top of actually doing my work.

I couldn't sleep last night for the life of me. Harry ended our phone conversation at around 11 p.m, because he also has work with me this morning. Me, on the other hand could not sleep at all. I kept waking up.

I take a break from my reading, and decide to water the flowers out front for my mom. It is six a.m now and I have to get ready for work soon. Harry said he would drive me, so I should be ready in thirty minutes or so. I'm falling asleep though reading and I know my Mom would appreciate me helping her out with the watering.

I slip on my slides and throw a hoodie over my body before I walk outside. As soon as I step outside, my eyes look over next door where I see what my Dad has been warning me about.

My blood runs cold and my heart drops in my chest. My throat suddenly runs dry and my bottom lip slips between my teeth.

I see Harry standing on the porch talking with a blonde hair girl. His hand is on her lower back and she looks to be crying. 

Crying? About what?

His arms wrap around her body where he holds her securely. 

I don't even think about watering flowers, I just head back inside and close my door behind me. I don't know if he saw me, but I have nothing to say besides what the fuck.

I stand in my foyer, shocked and confused by what I just saw. I hate that my Father was right.

I walk upstairs and look out my bedroom window. My eyes are watching their interaction as he walks her to her car. They hug again once more and then she drives off in her ford.

I sit on the corner of my bed and feel tears brim my eyes.

Am I not pretty enough? Smart enough? Good enough?

I slept with him and that wasn't enough? 

I lay back on my bed and bring my blankets to my chest. I don't feel like crying, more like raging and cursing in his face. 

I know I should face him, and tell him I saw the girl. But I don't have the heart. We aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend. He never asked me to be, and we never talked about even considering ourselves a couple. 

I feel my chest tighten with regret--and jealousy and hatred. I know part of this is my fault, for not asking or clarifying. But he should've known to talk to me about other girls, and the fact he wanted to see other girls.

I text my manager and tell her I am calling out for the day because I am "sick". It usually doesn't get busy until nine, so she should be able to find coverage for me. If not, maybe Harry can ask that girl to help.

I force my eyes shut, and force my brain to turn off from these dreadful thoughts of mine. I find myself falling asleep moments later.

~

I wake up sweating as well as my phone continuously going off.

My eyes feel heavy like I overslept, and my mouth feels dry.

I pick up my phone and see Ellie texted me as well as Harry. I don't race to read Harry's text. I first see Ellie's, because to me what she has to say is more important.