Chp. 13 Forever Fall Part 1

Within the Team JNPR dorm Pyrrha looks out the window sadly, while Ren loads StormFlower and Nora jumping on the bed.

Nora: How come Jaune gets home so late?

Ren: He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin.

Nora: That's weird... Doesn't he know we have a field trip tomorrow? We need our rest!

Pyrrha: (angrily) I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing.

Nora and Ren exchange glances, not knowing that Jaune himself is looking in through the crack of the door.

Nora: Mmmm... I guess so.

Jaune hangs his head and closes the door, just as a voice interrupts his thoughts.

Ruby: Hey, Jaune!

Jaune turns around to Ruby and Ben in their pajamas.

Ben: Hey man, you seem on edge. You ok?

Ruby: Yeah... Long time, no see! Did you lock yourself out again?

Jaune: Oh, uh, nope!

He holds up his scroll as he chuckles lightly.

Jaune: Got it!

Ruby: So! Where have you been lately?

Jaune: I, uh...

He tries to come up with something, but just sighs and lowers his head.

Jaune: I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me, and...

Jaune breathes heavily.

Jaune: I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea.

He presses his back against the door of his team's dorm sliding down slumping to the floor depressed.

Jaune: I'm a failure.

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune: Nope?

Ruby: Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Ben: Listen to her Jaune, this the girl who fought a crime lord and decapitated a Nevermore on day one if anyone knows about being a leader it's her.

Jaune: But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Ruby thinks a minute before  giving him, her answer.

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune: You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff

Ruby: Nope!

She joins him on floor.

Ruby: Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid...

Jaune groans and sinks lower to the ground.

Ruby: ... and you might've even been a failure the first day we met!

Jaune continues to sink lower towards the ground.

Ruby: But, you can't be one now. You know why?

Jaune: Uhhh, because...?

Ruby: Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us.

She proceeds to get up before continuing.

Ruby: We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you.