3.

I quickly learned that time felt weird when you are laying in a hostipal room. After finishing breakfast I had to entertain myself by sleeping or looking out of the half open window. I had no idea how the small TV worked and I didn't have anything else to do.

If it wasn't for the clock on the wall I would've thought that I have been laying here for more than 6 hours while reality only 2 hours had passed after Luke had left.

With nothing to do my mind had no choice but think about my parents. I was absolutely sure they weren't home. They told us they would be home really late and that often meant around 3 in the morning. How could I not have noticed my parents were dying right next to me?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice Luke entering my room until he was standing next to my bed.

"Everthing okay?" He asked with concern.

My mind snapped out of it's thoughts as I finaly noticed his presence.

"I..I keep thinking about what happend." I mumbled still feeling a little foggy.

Luke sat down next to me bed. He remained silent to encourage me to keep talking.

"If I only had checked my parents room they would've made it off the house in time." Tears fell down my face as I stopped.

"If I only tried harder then they would still be alive."

Luke shook his head and squeezed my hand. "None of this was your fault June. You did what you could. Your parents don't blame you for what happend."

I pulled my hand back from him to tugg on my hair. "How am I supposed to tell Molly we let out parents die? I can't do that. I..I don't want to."

The doctor didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me to pull me closer to his chest. "I'm sorry you had to experience those things."

His calm breath helped me relax a little. The words that he spoke didn't mean shit to me right now. He simply said what anyone would've said in this moment. The doctor probably dealt with things like this on the daily.

Hesitantly I pulled away from him. "I'm sorry."

"There's nothing you need to apologise for kid. It's better to let your emotions out then bottle them up."

"I'm probably keeping you from doing your job. You must have more important things to do."

My dad was a doctor and he always told me how busy his work was. I just took it as his lowzy excuse to miss out on family time.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder to keep me close. "Being here is very important. What kind of doctor would I be if I just let you sit here alone to cry?"

"When do I get to see my sister?" I mumbled as I didn't pull away from Luke.

"Calum is going to come here with her this afternoon. She didn't have many injuries and is going to be discharged today."

At first I wanted to ask who Calum was but when he finished taking I had a much more important question.

"Where will she go when she's discharged? I'm still here and I don't know any other family."

"She'll be allowed to stay here with you until you are also allowed to leave. Tomorrow a social worker will come talk to the both of you. Are you sure you still don't want me to contact anyone?"

I pushed myself away from him. "Yeah, I think I would like to call my boyfriend."

Luke took his phone out of his pocket to hand it to me. "I'll give you some privacy."

It was embarrassing to admit that I knew my shitty boyfriend's number by heart. Marc was 20 and lived alone in a small apartment. He kinda was an asshole. The only reason agreed to a relationship with him was to piss of my parents.

He picked up after a few mintues. I must've woken him up or disturbed him during work. His schedule was always difficult to remember.

"Hello who is this?"

"Heyy Marc it's me June." I tried to sound as happy as possible. He never likes it when I act moody.

"Whose phone are you calling with?" He mumbled. My call woke him up even though it was already around 12.

"The doctor's phone."

That definitely knocked the sleep right out of his system. I heard rustling before he spoke up again, this time with much more volume and emotion.

"What's going on? Did something happen to you?"

"There was a fire last night."

"What do you mean? Was it your house? Are you injured?"

"Yes it was my house. I'm fine but my parents...they..didn't make it."

"Shit June that's some heavy stuff. I'm really sorry that happend."

"Yeah it is." I breathed into the phone. Crying infront of him somehow didn't feel like the right thing to do.

"If you need a place to stay for a while you can come to me."

"Thanks for the offer. I don't really what's going to happen though. I don't really want to leave my sister behind."

"Yeah I get that. How is your sister?"

"The doctor's say she's fine. She's doesn't know about my parents though."

"Are you going to tell her?"

"I don't really know. I might wait until the cops have confirmed my parent's death with complete certainty. " Saying that sentence left me with nausea.

He hummed in agreement. "Do I need to pass the news on the anyone else?"

"No. There's no need for that."

Or more like I didn't know anyone who would care enough to be any help right now. I'm really not in the mood for empty sympathy cards.

"If you say so. Are you allowed to have visitors?"

"I think so. Mabye not today though."

"Alright then you'll probably see me tomorrow."

"Thanks Marc ,love you."

"Love you sweetie, take care."

The phone layed useless in my lap after the call. I am not an popular person who has many friends. The few people that I do hang out with are just people I have fun with. They aren't the kind of friends who would visit me at the hospital or hug me if I were to cry. I've always liked it that way and I still do.

My eyes looked up at the clock. Molly would be here soon to hear that her parents had died. I have no idea how to tell her that, i can barely tell myself what happened.