4.

A knock on the door made me quickly whipe my tears away. I immediately thought it was Molly and put a smile on face.

"Sorry to disturb you June but the cops want to talk to you." Luke said as he walked in the room with 2 police officers behind them.

A sigh left my burnt throat. The smile I had tried to keep on my face was gone. More bad news, great.

Luke closed the door behind him as the two cops went to stand infront of bed.

The doctor thankfully didn't leave and went to sit next to my bed.

"Goodmorning Mrs Glassentown. How are you doing today?"

"I've been better. If I may ask, why are you here?" I tried asking as polity as possible to the male cop.

"We just need your statement about the fire to make sure it really was an accident. We can come back another time if you want."

No time would be better. I absolutely despised the police.

"No it's fine. I would also like to ask you a few questions regarding my parents."

"We will get to that in a minute. Why don't we start by what exactly you remember from last night?"

"Uhmm I woke up around 1 in the morning when I noticed this burning smell. At first I didn't really think much of it. Until I saw smoke coming from under my door. I quickly jumped out of bed to look for my little sister. When I left my room I could barely see anything because of the smoke. My little sister's room is next to mine. She was still alseep so I woke her up. Once I had calmed her down and covered her face amd tried to carry her outside."

"Tried?" The male cop asked.

"The roof collapsed causing me to fall. I told Molly to crawl under the mess and get help. She thankfully got out safe. "

"You didn't hear a fire alarm go off?" One of fhe officers asked.

I shook my head. "No the house was old and I guess we never found the time to install those."

"Do you think that the house being old was one of the causes of the fire?"

"Probably, the house used the be a barn so it was mainly built with wood. The roof was made out of branches or something that's probably why it collapsed."

He nodded and wrote something down in his notepad.

I really prayed that they wouldn't have more questions because I really wanted to ask what happend to my parents.

"What happend after you got separated from your sister?"

"I can't really remember. I think a neighbour called the fire apartment but I lost consciousness after I heard sirens."

"And during all this you didn't notice any signs of your parents being inside?

"No." I said feeling extremely guilty. What would've happened if i had just checked their room? Mabye my parents would still be alive.

I stopped thinking about that. I didn't want to cry infront of the police. They had enough information didn't they?

"Thank you June. I know how difficult this must be for you. I'm terribly sorry for what happend."

"What you're going ask next is a bit heavier." The female spoke with care.

"Tell me." I said determined.

"We have pictures of the bodies we found. It would be a really big help if you could identify them. If you don't want to we completely understand."