Syd X Dina

________________
A/N : just a short one guys but I'll try to write more of this book at the weekend <33
________________

The weather was dull and grey that day, which meant Syd was outside for once and Dina was happily watching TV from the comfort of her home, unwilling to go outside in the biting cold air.

Syd solemnly walked past Dina's house, and caught sight of her thick dark hair over the window sill. Syd's eyes brightened up and the corner of her mouth twitched up to almost smile.
She thought about knocking but the voice in the back of her head started talking again. Dina probably wouldn't want to see her right now. She was watching TV and didn't need anyone at the moment.

She withdrew her fist from the front door and continued walking down the street.

"Syd?!" She heard a voice behind her, and when she turned around she saw Dina standing outside.
"It's freezing outside, you wanna come in?"
"Are you sure?" She called back, smiling upon the sight of her best friend.
"Yeah come in! I'm watching Labyrinth"
"You got any horror movies?"
"Just shut up and get in here." Dina laughed, and watched as Syd ran up to the door and entered her house.

They walked up to her room and they sat on the bed, Dina picking up the remote and resuming the film.
After around half an hour it started to rain, and Syd stood up.
"Do you want a drink?" She asked, gazing at the rain pelting the window with such force, she didn't know how the glass was strong enough. Thunder sounded above, and she snapped back to reality, looking down at Dina who was fast asleep on the bed.

Syd smiled, and reached over to drag a blanket over her. Dina looked so beautiful when she was sleeping.

She was about the turn away when Dina reached out and held her arm. Her hands were smooth and warm.
"Don't go Syd." She mumbled, eyes still closed.
"I'm not going anywhere" Syd smiled, shifting her position and lying down opposite her.

Dina opened her eyes, and stared into hers. Syd only realised now how beautiful Dina's eyes really were, deep, chocolate brown and romantic.
Before she could react, Dina reached forward again and cupped her face with her hand.
They stared into each others eyes for a moment more, before leaning in.

The kiss was gentle, and warm. The sound of the harsh rain next to them became muffled. Nothing else in the world mattered and it was only them in that moment for what seemed like forever.

The warm feeling didn't end as they broke apart, instead they both couldn't help but smile at each other.

"Still up for that horror film?" Dina asked, picking up the remote again.
Syd smiled and nodded.
They turned on a random film which they could hardly pay attention to, as they lay on the bed, legs intertwined and hands held together.

The rain would stop soon but that wouldn't matter, they still had every rainy day to come.

The End

________________