Chapter 1

On the side is a video of the song Begin Again by Taylor Swift and I'm not really a Swift fan but i really do like this song and thats where i got the idea from for the Title and Plot of this story. I highly advise that you listen to it. Its A M A Z I N G.

-Rees *

---Alex POV

I sighed and spun back and forth in my chair. I still dont get it, how in the world did i end up here? i asked myself before loosening my tie.

Its been three years since graduation and unlike my plans for the future, i had to leave business school a few months early but i still take online classes. The family business was at its crisis point so i had to take over the headquarters in New York, while Alexander moved to handle business in California. My plan was to go to school for at least four years, so i could enjoy my youth just a bit more before i had to do all this business shit. Now, i have the pressure of managing a business and having classes online.

I ran a hand through my hair, a few weeks ago i decided to change the faux-hawk look and cut it into something a bit more mature. I was barely 22 but in my position, i needed to look sophisticated. The phone on my desk buzzed, bringing me back to reality.

"Hello," i answered.

"Maam i know you're busy but we have Jessica on line 3," I heard my receptionist Clarissa say.

I immediately cheered up, "Well put her on then," i instructed.

"Alex?" I heard her sweet voice call.

"Jess hey," i said grinning, even though i know she cant see me.

"What time do you plan on getting home?" 

I paused for a minute and glanced down at my desk where a boatload of paperwork laid, "Um... a bit too late for dinner." 

"Oh, okay." she replied sadly.

"I'll try to be home before 8 Jess, but that's the best i can do. I still have a pile of papers to go through."

"Good," she piped up. i could almost hear her smirking.

I shook my head and smiled, "So what are you doing?"

"Well i just got out of my last class, now Sophie and Ashley are dragging me off to lunch but after i'll be studying with Carmen."

"Hmm, so you'll be too occupied for a lunchtime quicky," i smirked.

"Shut up Alex, dont you have work to do?"

I could imagine her cheeks heating up. "Yes i do," 

I looked up as the mail guy came in and dropped a bundle of job letters on my desk also, one in a blue envelope with no return address. Strange...

"Hey babe, i gotta get going. Love you," i told her.

"Love you toooooo!" she said making kissy sounds into the phone.

I shook my head and hung up.

So i guess i could say everything is going well with Jessica and I. We've been together officially for 3 and a half years. I recently asked her to move in with me, since i was leaving College and i needed her to be  with me... like at all times. We started moving her tings in on saturday but there were still a few boxes that needed to be unpacked.