Chapter 8

---Alex POV

Sleep? What the fuck is that? I hadn’t gotten any in the last three days without Jessica. All I kept thinking about was what she was doing, how she was doing, who she was with, and did she miss me? Because of the time difference whenever I called, she was either at work or asleep and I talked to her like three times since I got here; which isn’t nearly enough.

I do make it my priority to text her though, at least even if she doesn’t respond right away whenever she does, she makes it special. I only had two more meetings then I’d be able to leave this death trap. This entire fucking trip i felt like I was being stalked, I fucking swear it. Paparazzi does it all the time, so believe me when I say I know what it feels like.

After I finished buttoning my shirt, the door to my suite opened and Alison bolted in. I raised a brow at her as I fumbled with my tie, “You want something?”

“Yes,” she moved closer and took the tie out of my hands. “I was wondering what was taking you so long, the meeting is in twenty minutes.” She said, making sure that she was close enough to my face as she spoke. I didn’t feel comfortable in this position to be honest and the only person I wanted to tie my ties was my girlfriend. I pushed her back then tied my own tie.

“That was extremely inappropriate,” I said in my stern voice, “I don’t need it happening again.”

“Christ Alex, I was just trying to speed things up. Stop over thinking for a minute.” I sighed, maybe she was right.

Finally, I was fully dressed and ready to go. We headed to the elevator and awkwardly rode it for nine floors until we arrived at the top, which held the offices and conference rooms.

“Good morning,” I greeted the members who were already seated as I sat at the head of the table.

“So as we discussed yesterday—’’

“I know what we discussed Roger, remember I said I’d think about it?” I cut him off. “Well I thought about it and frankly I don’t think that’s what we should do.”

Most of the members agreed but Roger was acting stubborn. “Alexandra if we simply sell the extra two shares it would be easier to manage.”

“Roger,” I said sharply. “I’m representing my father; everything I do is a reflection of him. We already agreed that the problem with this firm was the funding. HOW in the hell is selling the shares going to help that? The profit will then be spread even wider to the new shareholders and even if we get enough funding from the new shareholders for now, what happens later when the problem arises again? We’ll have no more shares to sell.” I took a deep breath and scanned the room to make sure everyone was following me.

“These two shares are our lifeline; we need to choose carefully what we decide to do with them. Now Margret,” I turned to the blonde woman to the left of me. “My father said you should make this decision.”

She looked extremely surprised that I even knew her name, “M-me?” she asked in disbelief.

I rolled my eyes, was this the right person? Is this the person my father wanted to hand the future of one of his largest firms to?

“I figured you’d be a little dumbstruck so I had my assistant make a little PowerPoint presentation to help you make some decisions.” I motioned to Alison, who professionally stood and began explaining everything that was being presented. I was taken aback by how much she knew, I didn’t really expect her to go home and memorize the presentation. But I guess, whatever job she has she gives it her all.