Chapter 12

---Alex POV

“Alexandra Marie Richardson!” my father’s voice boomed inside my bedroom. I groaned before rolling over in my bed to face him. His face was dark and he had a permanent frown on his face. What the hell was he doing inside my room anyways?

“Do you really need to be that loud?”

“Get up right now!” I frowned and threw the covers off me, flinging my feet over the edge of the bed.

“How may I help you?”

“Alexandra don’t sass me right now.” I cringed at his continuous use of my full name. Why the fuck?

“Dad seriously—”

“I leave for a few weeks and this happens? You told me you’d be able to handle our office in New York. YOU promised me that you’d put your all into this business. It’s not just my responsibility anymore Alex.”

I was really starting to feel bad for slacking off now, but that didn’t mean I was about to go to work. “Your mother has to be calling me complaining that you haven’t been answering her calls; work is backed up because you haven’t been in there for days. Get out of bed, shower and GET TO WORK. Pull yourself together damn it!” I saw his honey blonde hair leave my room and I cursed under my breath.

At his request, I showered. When I was done, I pulled on black slacks and a white button up shirt. I didn’t even bother putting on a tie because I didn’t fucking feel like it. It’s going on to two weeks now that Jessica and I broke up and things weren’t looking any better. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I did wrong. Yeah she tried telling me that it was Alison who was sending her the pictures and yeah I found it hard to believe but was that really an excuse for her to leave me?

Then at the graduation ceremony I dragged my ass there to congratulate her and she had an attitude with me. It wasn’t as if I cheated on her, because I didn’t. Rachel had been visiting me often trying to talk some sense into me because she felt like Jessica and I belonged together and she also felt like I should dig deeper into this Alison thing. So, I did just that. I called a few people and a lot of her story didn’t add up. I didn’t tell anyone this but I was planning a little trip this weekend. Not only was a vacation needed but this trip could save my relationship.

I sighed and grabbed a banana as I was leaving the condo. The drive to work was silent and ridiculously uncomfortable. I couldn’t stand how quiet it was but I really wasn’t in the mood for the radio so I pulled my shit together and sped until I reached the parking lot of my workplace. The workers on the first floor looked a bit surprised to see me. I couldn’t blame them though; I hadn’t been to work in weeks.

I rolled my eyes at them then got into the elevator until I got to the floor my office was at. When I got out, the same thing happened. Everyone’s eyes were on me.

“Don’t you have work to do?” I eyed Bob as I walked past his cubicle. Clarissa greeted me and gave me a whole pile of shit that I had to catch up on. A scowl was on my face when I sat at my desk and began working; only to be disturbed by Clarissa who was just bringing more paperwork for me. She set it down on my desk then scooted out the door quickly, probably seeing that I wasn’t in the mood for playful flirting or massages.

A few hours had passed by and I was tired as shit and not even halfway done with the work. My dad had even stopped by on his way home to check up on me and bring me lunch. Rachel called and I wondered whether I should tell her about my trip then decided against it. I didn’t want to burden her with my drama and I really didn’t want anybody knowing where I’d be. We had agreed that I’d stop by her house on my way home.