Chapter 11

---Alex POV

It felt like weeks since out breakup but it was actually only a few days. Jessica hasn't been answering my calls, I don't know where she's staying and I felt like I was legit falling apart without her. I didn't know what the hell to do except stay in bed and feel sorry for myself. The times that I did leave the house, were all to go see Jessica and I couldn't even do that because she told her mother not to let me in.

I still couldn't comprehend what the fuck was going on. The fact that Jessica and I were no longer together hadn't hit me properly till a few minutes ago. I rolled over in bed and grabbed my phone. It had like a million missed called from my parents and a few from Rachel and Alexander. I wasn't in the mood for anybody though; the person I wanted to talk to didn't want to talk to me.

I got dressed in some shorts and a shirt. I looked like a mess, not even a hot mess... just a mess. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, and it was hard to breathe without her. Deciding that it was time for me to get out of bed, I left the room and made myself breakfast. Yes, it tasted like shit because I didn't have my personal iron chef but it was good enough.

Slipping my sneakers on, I grabbed my phone and left out the condo. I wasn't about to sit at home. When I did, I overthink things way too much. Everything reminded me of her and her clothes were still packed in the closet too. I hadn't been to work since we broke up either, I just couldn't deal with anything right now.

So, I joined a gym and started spending all my time there. I rode the elevator down to the parking lot and got in my car, speeding to the gym a few blocks away. I used my card and the door opened and I immediately made my way over to the treadmill. The fact that Jessica was graduating tomorrow upset me even more because I was planning to propose to her at dinner afterwards.

I still didnt know where those pictures came from but not believing Jessica caused me to lose her; so the first thing I was planning to do is ask Alison some questions. It's just that I haven't gotten around to it. Thinking about everything just made me so angry because I couldn't for the life of me understand how my life ended up taking a turn like this.

Tapping the up button on the treadmill, I increased the speed until I actually felt like I was putting some work in and for the next fifteen I ran as if my life depended on it; and in this case it kind of did.

By the time I left the gym, I was feeling a lot better than I did when I went in. Tired, but better nonetheless. I was on my way home to take a shower when my phone rang for like the millionth time today. I groaned and answered it annoyed,

"Hello?"

"Alex where the fuck have you been? I've been back in New York for two days and I hear that you and Jessica broke up? What the hell is going on?" I frowned at Rachel's voice. So Jessica was already telling people that we broke up. I didn't see why considering I was planning to get her back anyways.

"Look Rachel I really don't have time to get into this." I told her getting into my car and making my way home. It was true though, I needed a haircut and I needed to get something to wear to Jessica's graduation tomorrow. I knew she probably didn't want me there, but if I didn't go she'd hold it against me and I didn't want that. She meant the world to me and I need her to know that it doesn't matter whether we're together or not; she's always gonna be my number one priority.

Rachel groaned, "Quit playing Alex, I know you remember? We need to talk about this; your parents have been blowing up my phone asking me to check on you, to see if you've been doing okay." I rolled my eyes at that. They probably think I wasn't eating healthy or something.