• 𝙩𝙚𝙣 •

I walk in the house after the long and dreadful ride chasing those two absolutely ignorant boys. What a waste of breath. I step into our grand kitchen with marble floors and high windows. I am absolutely famished after that whole episode. I spot a pastry basket in the middle of the kitchen table covered by a beige cloth. I pounce at it and the cloth went flying up in the air as I tossed a muffin in my mouth. I did not care what kind, as long as it wasn't chocolate. I don't fancy chocolate much. As I'm munching on the pastry my mother walks in.

"Oh my!" She spoke in disgust. "you smell like horse. You know that right?"

"Yeah. I was on one for about an hour. How was your day mother?" I say sarcastically. I roll my eyes and continue to bite into my muffin.

"I hope you don't plan on smelling like that on your date." She comments with her eyes to the side waiting for my reaction.

"What date mother....?"

"Your date with that Cedric boy. He was so excited that he came in today to give me that pastry basket."

" Oh Crap!" I panic. I drop my muffin and run out of the room.

"Language young lady!" Mother yells at me as I'm speeding out the door.

My feet almost catch fire from the friction of my socks and the carpet on the stairs as I rush up to my room. Both my hands reach the gold nobs to my chambers. I burst open the double doors and catch my breath for a quick minute. I slide to the bathroom door and see one of my maids have already prepared a bath.

"Oh thank you Rosie! Bless your heart!" I give her a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. I hop in the bath and scrub every inch of my body. I hear our front door ring. I freeze. I hear Cedrics voice. My heart is beating rapidly as I hop out of the bath bare to quickly put on a nice dress. I almost trip over the thick fabrics of the dress. I sit down at my vanity and put on very light makeup while Rosie does my hair.

"Y/N! Come down at once. You have guests!" She yells from downstairs.

"Coming mother!" I reply.

I throw on a quick spray of perfume and head out. I walk down the stairs and see Cedric in a evening suit with flowers and a white carriage outside.

"Evening Berkshire." He spoke softly holding his arm out suggesting me to grab it.

"Diggory." I smiled up to him.

We walk out and head into the carriage.

"Are we getting married?" I chuckled.

"Not yet." He smirked with a half laugh.  "When are you going to tell me where we are heading?" I questioned. "It's a surprise!"

" I hope you weren't in a rush. You almost fell down the stairs coming down."

" Oh! Not at all.." pretending like I didn't just have a whole heart attack getting ready.

___________________________________

The horses come at a stop and a man opens the carriage door to lead us out. Before I step out to finally see where Cedric has taken me he grabs my wrist. "Before we go, I have to do one thing." I raise an eyebrow to the comment. He soon puts is hands over my eyes. "Oh god. Are we really doing this?" I say with a smile. "Yes we are. Now walk on. I won't let you fall darling." I take a step off the carriage and feel the long grass hitting my lower ankle. I feel his warm hands over my face as we walk through what I assume is a meadow. I let out a soft giggle in excitement.

" We are almost there. " he reminds me.

A couple paces more and we come to a stop. His wide hands lift off my face and I'm presented to a bright light. I put my hands over my eyes to adapt to the light. As my vision becomes clear once more, I am in awe of what he set up.

I approach a pastel yellow picnic checkered blanket with a flower vase in the middle, wooden woven baskets filled with pastry's. I soon recognize theses beautiful breads as they were they same that I ate from the kitchen. I also see a beautiful fruit bowl and other delicious foods all set up beautifully.

I stood there in shock with my mouth wide open fading into a bright smile. " Wow. I cant believe you did all this."

" only for my favorite person. " he winked at me.

We both sat down on our knees on the soft blanket. He grabbed me a plate and served me the various foods that were displayed. We ate and laughed so hard until our stomachs were turned. I ended up having whip cream on my nose at some point.

After our lunch we sat down by the lake to watch the sun set.

" How's the assignment going? " he asked.

" It could go better. " I replied with a sigh. " But I do greatly appreciate you bringing me here on this lovely date. "

" No problem Berkshire. " he commented with that smug smile of his.

" Why last names? Hm? " I questioned.

" You should enjoy me calling you by your last name before I steal it. " he smirked.

" Alright, Alright. Enough with the marriage jokes.." I laughed. " I must get home now. It's getting late and I don't think you want to deal with my mothers  screaming do you? "

He rolled his eyes and offered his hand to left me lift off the ground. The carriage is already ready for us.

___________________________________

We finally get home. The crickets are chirping loudly and the wind is blowing. As I step out, I'm presented with a cold gush of wind on my shoulders. " it was a pleasure being with you today Berkshire. " he says as he misses my hand. " Good night Diggory. " I smile back. As I enter the front door I ran to my room with my face looking like an apple. I run through the hallway and burst into my room. I quickly close the door and jump on my bed. I squirm in lust as I replay today. I quickly notice a hard substance on my back. Very sharp and uncomfortable. I get up off the bed and look to what has been causing me discomfort.

I look down in disgust. I soon realize it is the same baby deer from yesterday. It has a bullet wound and it's bleeding out on my sheets. There's a note. I slowly open it being careful with my surroundings knowing well who did this.

" M.R "

I cover my mouth with both my hands and anger soon fills within me.

The game is on...

___________________________________

Thank you so much for being patient with me guys! I hope you like this chapter it was very last minute but I tried to put together something interesting for you guys!

I won't be doing anymore updates this week because I am going on vacation with my family but as soon as I am back I will be writing the next chapter! <3

I hope you enjoy the book so far! Please feel free to comment any suggestions or recommendations you would like to give to make the book better!

Thank you all for reading and don't forget to vote!

(I will be doing grammar checks on all chapters so don't mind the random updates)