The table

Mother looks quite nice tonight. Her dark brown curls are styled to perfection. She gives father a bright smile before her eyes widen in surprise and she laughs at whatever he said.

He has a cigar between his fingers and gives his male companions a smug grin. His gaze return to hers with a new electric spark of excitement,
He leans across the card table and as if in a trance she does too. He grazed her lips with a light feathery kiss and by the snap of a finger and a "come on Johnny play the game" she and everything else faded into his distant memory.

Ghostly trails of smoke never ceased to leave their constantly lit cigars. There was the familiar itch to cough and rub my eyes. I never could get used to this, not unless it was my time to play.

There was a hint of Pomade in the air. My eyes locked in on Vaughn. He's no doubt the culprit. Stark black hair comed back and styled to perfection. A stone cold poker face and rock solid composure. The young lawyer. Ambitious.

Despite his opaque exterior his lingering gaze on Kate was quite noticeable. She always could pull off a rich douchess from the 18th century. Never failing to provide a little distraction that had the eyes drifting a little too low.

Robert quietly studies the cards hiding behind his big fingers, wearing a look of contemplation. I've never seen him this quiet. Now that I think about it,  Robby doesn't look so well. I'll be so bold as to give credit to the alcohol, the drugs, the creditors.... and  maybe say, I don't know, his pending sexual assault case.

They all have a hand in the game, some just can't play and others were f*cked from the deck.