❝Watch Out❞

Davina was sitting by a closed window, at midnight with a cup of hot tea in her hands

Davina was sitting by a closed window, at midnight with a cup of hot tea in her hands. Admiring the stars and nighttime sky while Steve Rogers was sleeping in their bed.

After Wakanda, Davina and Steve explored the world. Well, they explored the European world more than the American aspect. Davina could not have asked for a better significant other to travel with. Steve, who was fascinated by Davina's wild mind and adventures followed her anywhere and everywhere she wanted. While traveling, they kept in touch with Tony, Natasha, Thor, Sam and Wanda.

After two years of being together and traveling, they settled down in France after a year of traveling. Steve had surprised Davina with an apartment that was large enough for the both of them, with some help from Tony. While they had maintained to be lowkey and normal living civilians, as Tony did not want them to be on the verge of death. So every month, Tony would send over one hundred kilo dollars, enough to keep Davina and Steve going and remaining in good appearances.

Davina had felt guilty about keeping majority of the money. So, Davina and Steve would calculate the amount they needed and then whatever was remaining, they'd send it off to Wanda and Sam.

Davina looked over at Steve, admiring him as he slept. Of course, her nightmares had kept her up at night these days. Her nightmares were not anything like her old ones, no. This particular nightmare was unlike any other ones. It was a repeated nightmare. It began just in their last year of traveling and it has been going on since then. Davina did not mind being awake, as it gave her more time to think about her future and what she wanted it to look like, but it also gave her anxiety and Davina have been trying to figure out what the nightmare meant, behind Steve's back.

Davina turned back to the window and watched the stars twinkle in the pitch black sky, taking a few sips of her tea. As Steve stirred in his sleep, he reached his hand out, in hopes of his hand making contact with Davina's body, but only to be felt with nothing but an empty side on Davina's side of the bed. Steve slowly woke up and sat up in their bed, rubbing his eyes.

Davina finished her cup, setting it down and looked over to see Steve awake. Davina did not mean to wake him up, as she frowned a little bit. Davina got up from her seat and walked over to Steve's side of the bed, sitting on his lap as her legs were on each side of his own legs.

"Did I wake you up?" Davina asked nervously, chewing the inside of her cheek. Steve shook his head and Davina sighed, "Then why did you wake up? You need your sleep more than I do, Steve." Davina mentioned and Steve rubbed his eyes as Davina put her hands on his bare chest.

"You know I can't sleep properly unless you are next to me, dish." Steve said in a raspy voice causing Davina to smile a little.

"You will never stop calling me dish, will you?" Davina asked, smiling ear to ear. Steve looked at Davina.

Two years was a long time and in those two years Davina changed. Did she change for the worse? No. But for the better for herself and those around her? Yes. And Steve loved every inch of her, the worse and the better.