❝Way Past Asking❞

The Quinjet arrives at the upstate New York Avengers HQ

The Quinjet arrives at the upstate New York Avengers HQ. Davina sighed, looking at the Avengers Compound, being slightly nervous. Steve could feel her nervousness and takes her hand into his own.

"Don't worry too much, dish. We will be fine." Steve said and Davina smiled a little bit, looking at Steve.

"You always know what to say to me, Steve Rogers." Davina said and Steve smiled, taking the hand he was holding and kissing it.

"Hate to interrupt the moment, lovers, but we need to get going soon." Natasha mentioned and Davina had a small tinted shade of pink on her face, taking her hand back from Steve and walking behind Natasha.

They all entered the Avengers HQ and went into the meeting room, with Vision being supported by Sam. While Davina was standing on Steve's right hand side with Natasha on his left hand side and Wanda behind Steve on his left hand side.

"Mr. Secretary." Steve greeted nicely, while Davina rolled her eyes, remembering the jerk from two years ago. The Secretary that made them 'criminals'.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Secretary Ross mentioned to all the Avengers that are labeled as fugitives and Davina let out a sarcastic scoff.

"You could use some of that right now." Natasha remarked at the Secretary, who only glared at Nat.

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?" Secretary Ross asked, looking at Steve and talking to Steve as if he was some small child and didn't know what was happening.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission," Steve began to say and raised his eyebrow in the process. Davina attemped to hold back from smirking but couldn't help herself as she loved Steve's dominance, "Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight," Steve takes a step forward, looking right at Secretary Ross, "And if you wanna stand in our way...we'll fight you, too." Steve mentioned, with a small nod. Davina looked at the Secretary as Mr. Secretary was looking at all of them.

"You want to say something old man or did the cat catch your tongue, sir?" Dacian remarked sarcastically, smirking at the Secretary.

"Arrest them." Secretary Ross said to Rhodey.

"All over it," Rhodey swipes off the hologram and the computer beeps twice, "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap." Rhodey mentioned, hugging Steve.

"You too, Rhodey." Steve said as Natasha gets her own embrace from Rhodey. Rhodey looked from Natasha to whom he assumed to be Davina. A smile rose on Rhodey's face as he observed Davina's new look.

"Well, well, well, as I live and breath, is that our Fire Stark Girl? With short hair?" Rhodey asked, shocked to see Davina since it has been two years and she had a long hair the last time they had seen each other.