❝Dancing With Our Lives❞

The following morning was quiet and peaceful

The following morning was quiet and peaceful. Davina got up from the bed and made a small breakfast, even though the mission was still on, Davina could not forget the previous night with Steve and she wanted to do something special, something that said thank you but not a in your face thank you gesture and what better way to a man's heart than through his stomach?

As Davina stared off into space, her mind was far away from where it should've been, Steve sneakily wraps an arm around her waist, causing Davina to nearly set her palms aflame.

"Relax, cookie, it's just me." Steve mentioned and Davina sighed, not feeling up to being scared. Davina nodded her head and sighed, rubbing her eyes with her hands, clearly feeling delusional and stupid at the moment.

"If you want you can eat without me. I-I just need to use the bathroom for a few minutes." Davina mentioned and Steve nodded his head slowly and confused. Unwrapping his arms from around her waist, Davina nervously made her way to the bathroom, locking the door as she entered.

Steve sat at the small table where the food was prepared, along with coffee. As Steve made his way through the food on the table, he could hear a few of Davina's sobs and instantly became guilty.

Not understanding what happened or why Davina was crying, he didn't want to make it worse for her. He resumed to eat in silence for the remaining time as he ate and listened to Davina's sobs. It was not something he wanted to hear. Her sobs only broke his heart, not knowing what he could do to make her feel better but he didn't want her to feel worse by interfering at the moment.

Davina sat down on the floor, feeling stressed and worried. Her nightmares did not help. Her mental health was all over the place and yet she couldn't stop thinking about what happened in her nightmares. To even add more embarrassment and shame, Steve was in it. The last thing that Davina needed was Steve in her nightmares and then there he was, directly in her nightmares.

Once Davina had managed to calm down, she washed her face and took a few deep breath's before she got out of the bathroom. By then, Steve had finished eating and had put on his suit. Davina quietly went to put on her suit, not saying a word to Steve.

Davina knew that Steve heard her crying, even though he wasn't supposed to hear her. Not like he could help but hear her, due to his super hearing. Steve looked over at Davina who had a small fake smile on her face, hiding her true emotions.

"You know you can tell me anything, right, dish?" Steve asked and Davina nodded her head, not making eye contact with Steve, "I'm worried about you, Davina. You're not getting any better but getting worse." Steve mentioned and Davina said nothing, "I'd hate to drag Tony into this." Steve mentioned and Davina looked over at Steve.

"You wouldn't dare." Davina said in a low tone but Steve was able to hear her perfectly. He nodded his head, raising his eyebrows in a serious manner.