Chapter seven.

"I had mastered the art of lying when I was just a kid

"I had mastered the art of lying when I was just a kid."

"CARE TO TELL ME WHERE you were?" My oh-so lovely uncle said behind me.

We both whirled around, and I could have sworn my heart leapt out of my chest.

It was not just my uncle- who maybe I could have lied and got out of it- but my father too.

This was it...

...I was going to die...

I turned my head to look at my twin, only to see him doing the fucking same. Our eyes widening in realization that we were in trouble. Deep trouble.

"In the library," Austin awkwardly said, hoping they would believe his lie.

"Library?" My father raised an eye brow, "Since when did you start going to the library?"

You know, since he started sneaking out...

...without your knowledge...

"Why can't I go to the library?" Austin asked, dramatically crossing his arms across his chest, huffing out a loud, audible breath.

The pettiness my twin has is...

"You have made it pretty clear that you hate books-" Austin cut off Dante.

"Sue me if I like visuals far better than a bunch of words printed on paper." Austin muttered, his arms still across his chest.

"Don't cut me off, Austin," Dante shot him a glare, "Anyway, you made it pretty clear you hate them considering you accidentally burned them."

"Y-you..." I breathed, calming myself, "Tell me he is lying."

"No...?"

"I would have punched you in the face for burning them if they-" I pointed towards my father and uncle, "-weren't here."

"We wouldn't mind the show." My uncle smirked at me, while winking towards my twin, who obviously was cursing him internally.

"You might have fooled him," Leo said, "But not me. Start talking. Where. Were. You?"