Chapter nineteen.

Anam Cara
(n.)

A person with whom you can
Share your deepest,
thoughts, feelings and dreams
With; a soul friend.

"WHY DID I COME HERE again?" Austin mumbled to himself as he watched his parents embrace each other

"WHY DID I COME HERE again?" Austin mumbled to himself as he watched his parents embrace each other. At least it wasn't something else.

Austin coughed awkwardly, making his presence known.

"I'm glad you're alive," Austin deadpaned, "But the next time I enter in a room, please maintain two feet of distance."

But... they were just embracing each other.

"We didn't—"

"I don't care," Austin mused before walking out of the door as quickly as he came in.

"You raised a little shit," Leo grumbled, looking at his wife.

Aurora shook her head in disbelief.

"No news about her?" Luc asked, resting his head in his hands. Why were they taking this long? Had something gone wrong? Or maybe he's just going paranoid.

"There was," Sandro noded to his uncle to take the lead.

Luc stayed silent. He didn't want to know. What if the wound had caused esophageal scarring? What if it damaged the wind pipe too?

He was desperate to know but afraid to find out.

"The stab was... nasty," The doctor had said, as if the word itself was a sugarcoat, "it would leave slight scarring in the esophagus, however it can be healed."

Dante and Javier seemed to sag with relief.

"Why do I sense a but coming there?" Sandro hated to say those words, but... shading light was more important than staying in the dark.

"She had lost a lot of blood," He continued, "She needs a transfusion and we are searching for any blood donor to be available."

"What type?" Javier asked.

"AB negative," The doctor replied. Alessandro didn't need to ask after that. AB negative. A rare blood type—

He didn't have it. Neither did Austin, Luc or Dante. Leo has the same blood type, but with his hypertension it was likely that the hospital won't let him donate.

Sandro paced aimlessly in the bland hallways, his mind running a million miles ahead— thinking of anything that could be useful.

His uncle had A positive blood and so did Javier. They weren't particularly useful here.

Who else had AB negative blood?

Not Luc, not Austin, not anyone who he knew...

But—