Chapter nine.

"What more could I
possibly lose?

...everything."

T H I R D   P E R S O N

Pain.

That's all she could feel right now. It was something that stuck with Astrid more than the people in her life.

But, that's the sad part of life, it waits for no one.

Astrid had been walking around the town for a good few hours. She was only 10 years old, lived with Aria, who was 14 and another girl in a small apartment that they both shared.

Aria worked as a waitress in a small dinner while Astrid did anything to earn money.

Walking people's dogs, anything the 10 year old could do for money.

She went out to bring in some groceries for the week. Her legs were about to give up, when suddenly a pair of large muscular arms caught her, preventing her from falling.

The hands set back her balance as she took a deep breathe to calm herself down.

She turned around to see a man, probably around his mid-twenties, prominent jaw, forest green eyes and dirty blonde hair.

He was tall, tall enough to tower Astrid's 5'2 body. His cold eyes sent an involuntary shiver down her spine.

She had seen these eyes before, and they never meant any good.

The man didn't look good. She wasn't stupid, she was wise beyond her years.

The man's aura practically screamed danger.

Must. Run. Home!

She mumbled a 'thank you' and quickly started finding her way to the small yet cozy home.

As soon as she entered home, the 15 year old Lena tackled her in a hug as tears streamed down her face.

Lena was a roommate of both Aria and Astrid, Lena was an angel sent down to earth.

With an angel like yet goofy  personality, it was almost impossible not to love her.