thirty-six

dongsook frowned upon seeing seri holding a can of sprite while on a daze. the tanned girl waved her hand in front of seri, “uhm, hello?”

“oh,” seri muttered and fixed her hair by pushing some strands behind her ear.

“what’s bothering you? hmm? maybe i can help.”

seri shook her head. “sookie, can you stay here? i’ll just get some milk down stairs.”

seri didn’t even let her answer and got herself downstairs. she was in a rush but when she saw the boys in the living room she started walking slowly.

sungchan was the first one who noticed her. “noona? do you need something? were we too loud?”

seri shakes her head, “no, i just wanted some milk.”

she was planning to tell donghyuck and jaemin about the guy earlier but seeing them having fun, smiling and laughing while playing, she decided to just shrug it off. she didn’t want to bother them and just decided to actually get milk before she got back to dongsook.

while walking towards her room, her eyes stumbled upon jaehyun’s room.

jaehyun knows about the deathless, so maybe he knows about her being marked. did jaehyun ask jaemin and donghyuck to look after her? but why them? seri had a lot on her mind again.

she was forced to a halt when she bumped her forehead on the edge of the wall. “ouch!” she yelped in pain.

in a moment, donghyuck arrived and pulled her to make her face him. “what happened? you’re bleeding, seri.”

seri touched her forehead and saw a red liquid on her hand. her bedroom’s door also opened, revealing a worried dongsook. “why are-“ sookie stopped when seri motioned her to be quiet.

“don’t shout, sungchan will hear you!” she whispered-shouted.

donghyuck lifted her chin to take a look at her forehead, “you have first kits here, right?”

seri nodded. “at my bathroom. i’ll take care of this. don’t bother.”

then seri got inside her room to get the kit and her forehead creased making her curse as she felt pain.

“let me help, seri.” donghyuck said and gestured her to sit on her bed. “sook, can you get the kit?”

dongsook nodded and complied. donghyuck sat beside seri and held her chin up again to take a look.

seri looked away, ‘you’re way too close.”

the male bit his lip to stifle a smile as he saw her cheeks tinted with pink. “sorry. i think it won’t heal that fast, jung. why did you even bump at the wall?”

“i was thinking about a boy-“

his brow rose, “renjun?”

“a boy who was creepily smiling while looking at me a while ago. he was standing outside the house-“

“and why did you just say that now?” donghyuck looked at the bathroom to see if dongsook can hear them. “then they must be on their move now.”

“donghyuck, one more thing…” she asked in a low voice, “did jaehyun ask you to look after me?”

donghyuck shook his head. “i volunteered. but seri, can you say nothing to him? we kinda agree to keep this a secret from you.”

“okay.”

“what secret?”

the both of them looked at the sun kissed girl who got out of the bathroom with a kit on her hand.

“you volunteered for what hyuck?