.24

Emma looked in the mirror.

Brown eyes glanced back at her. A little wide and glossy. Still in disbelief. Her skin seemed flushed with color but her right cheek. . . slowly, she raised her hand and touched the bright pink skin. . feeling her heart tingle as her mind rewinded everything.

"You sound jealous." Emma said bravely, quite breathless.

He breathed out, green eyes boring into her with an intensity she couldn't fathom.

"You sound happy over the fact." He said in a husky voice as Emma saw him lifting his other hand and placing it beside her head.

Trapping her.

Oddly enough, she liked the idea of being trapped by him. .

She knew if she moved or breath, she was going to burst into flames! The temperature had suddenly risen up to the point she had held her breath.

"I'm not. Happy. " Emma whispered softly.

A crack of smile appeared on his full lips.

"You look quite tempting when you lie. I want to believe your lie, Emma. That's how tempting you look right now. " His voice turned low.

Watching her struggling with an answer, he didn't let her talk much. Emma squeezed her eyes shut as he leaned in all the way—her whole being trembled like a leaf when she felt his lips on her cheek.

Maximus Santos kissing her?!!

As if on instinct, her hand had clutched at the front of his shirt wanting some sort of support. .

"Emma, my Emma. ." He breathed against her skin, his voice heavy with possession.

All she could hear were his breaths and the word my. Over and over again.

Oh so slowly, he backed away feeling her grip on his shirt.

Awakening his primitive senses.

His heart suddenly felt overwhelmed with an onslaught of feelings. He wanted to possess her! In every way! Brand her as his—

"Walk away while you can." He warned , now regretting for not having her mouth against his.

Perhaps , another day. .

Hastily , she let go of his shirt and Maximus watched coolly as she wrestled with the door and had it open.

Looking back at him , over her shoulder.

Hands in his pants's pocket, he had smiled.

Emma scrambled out of the room with her heart up in her throat, her cheek burning.

Reminding her who she belonged to.

×××××××××

She didn't get to spend the night back at the apartment. Exhausted , physically and emotionally. .she decided to stay back.

Changing back into her baggy clothes had been satisfying.

Tossing and turning around in the bed, she succumbed to sleep with a smile on her face and a man in her heart walking around as he pleased.

×××××××××

She was in the bathroom, brushing her teeth vigorously. Thank God she kept all the tiny stuff in her bag. Just in case. .she landed on the streets or something.

One had to be prepared.

Walking back in the room, she wondered what was on the memo today? She didn't get to ask Diana. Just as she was brainstorming, something caught the corner of her eye.