.31

Early morning, Emma slipped into the kitchen with her hair up in a bun and her shoulders relaxed.

She was rummaging through the fridge when she heard the first footsteps.

Knowing well who that was.

Strangely, this time her spine didn't shudder with dread nor did fear strike her.

"The last time  I saw you. .bent over. . How I missed you." He eyes flared up widely seeing her stand up to her full height.

Emma's eyes were void of any emotion which did make him frown.

He was used to her being shell shocked at seeing him. He lived on her fear. She always looked so scared and . .drenched in fear but now. .

Emma crossed her arms.

"You had Diana pregnant?" She asked in a casual voice.

The man shrugged his shoulders in a careless manner.

"Do you want to be at her place perhaps?" His slimy voice rolled off on her and she nearly shuddered in disgust.

"You think so highly of yourself." Emma smiled at him and again he frowned.

Taking a step towards her, he stopped.

Noticing how she didn't step back.

She kept looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Look at you trying to be a tigress." He laughed slightly , knowing well she had no place to head to or run to. The last time he almost had her and this time he wouldn't budge until. .

"I'm not trying. I'm."

Her confidence did shock him a little.  .and the shock turned into hot headed annoyance. He had to show Emma her place! Had to see her begging him! Jake moved towards her , his stance threatening —she was just one step away from him—he outstretched his hand to grab at her and—

Jake was whirled around!

His mouth opened into an O at the sudden advance and he wasn't given much time to register what just happened.

A powerful punch collided with the bridge of his nose.

The crack of the bone making her wince.

Blood sputtered out of his nose as he shrieked in pain , his arms hitting around wildly.

A powerful kick landed on his leg , a crunch like sound resonating in the kitchen as Jake collapsed to the floor. . gasping loudly.

His blood rapidly colored the marble floor.

He howled in pain when the sharp edge of the shoe got the side of face , whirling it around . .a deep gash in his skin. All he could hear was a ringing sensation in his ear.

His lips got busted and his left eye swollen.

"Please. . please. ." He begged blindly to the aggressor.

Emma couldn't help but get flashbacks of how she would beg him. If he had been begging her, maybe she would let him go. .

But the man didn't show Jake any mercy.

Not when Emma said.

Not when Diana asked.

He kept going on and on until the face of Jake got unrecognizable. Until he fell unconscious.

×××××××××××

Three hours back:

He saw her eyes recoil.