.29

Emma's heart sank when he entered the room.

Occupying the bed, she didn't know what to do? How to react? Should she stay or scramble away? Run or hide from his wrath?

What was left anyway?

Emma fisted the bed sheet when he entered suddenly. His eyes impassive , his face stone cold and then he stiffened . .as if just realizing he couldn't be alone in his room anymore.

With bated breath, she saw his eyes shift to her figure and instantly his eyes filled up with unkempt hostility and volatile rage!

He slammed the door shut!

Making her jump!

As he stalked towards the bed, his hard chest raising up an down. The exhilaration getting to him. He was on her head in the blink of an eye.

Watching her occupying his bed , clutching at his bed sheet . . Maximus clenched his fists. Every breath seemed to draw in fire , hate and. .an emotion he couldn't seem to get rid of .

"Just the thought of sharing the same air as you is beyond disgusting . " His low voice ripped her heart into shreds.

"Pat yourself on your back. You got what you wanted, Emma." His snide remark had her getting off the bed.

Two hours ago:

"Is everything ready?"

"Yeah. Why the heck do you need a p-"

Maximus cut the call.

Something was wrong with him.

He should feel angry! Betrayed! His soul should be on fire! He should think about ruining the world but no. .all he felt was a deadly calm.

The calm before a storm.

He knew what he had to do.

××××××××××

Pacing in her room, Emma tried not to hyperventilate. She kept giving the shut door wary glances like a fire breathing dragon could rip across it anytime.

May be she should slap a chair under the bolt. .

Nodding absently, she went towards the chair while trying to manage her gorgeous gown and just had her hand wrapped around the handle when-

The door flew open!

Startling her , her heart went cold but as her eyes found the intruder. . She almost collapsed with relief. Her shoulders relaxed and she left the chair alone.

"Maximus. ." She breathed out.

His jaw taut, his eyes sweeped over her in one fiery manner making her feel safe. .and somewhat hot.

The perspiration on her neck didn't lie.

"Emma." He bit out her name in a careless manner not at all making sense to her.

Taking a handful of her stupid gown , she walked towards him . . wanting to be as close to him as possible . He was his comfortable corner in this world.

To see him, it calmed her. Cured her.

Seeing her come at him, he didn't try to erase the distance between them.

"How much do you want me?" He asked suddenly, making her halt in motion.

"What. ."

"How much do you want me?" He repeated, more like sneered.

Emma swallowed. "Love can't be calculated."

His dark eyebrow shot up. "Love? You love me?" Maximus smirked as if he found her funny.