.27

"You're happy right?"

Diana smiled at her brother who had always gone out , far and beyond to see her happy. Even now, he had her hand in his as the both of them looked over the crowd.

Diana leaned her weight against him, her head resting on his shoulder.

"Happy is such a small word for what I feel now, Max. I have you and him by my side. .what more can a girl ask for?" She sighed , watching the love of her life mingle with the guests.

"As long as you're happy, D. .as long as you're safe. Nothing matters much." He replied , his heart at peace.

His sister was finally happy again. It had been so long since the last time he saw twinkle in her eyes. Carelessness in her. He could see how Jake brought out the laughter and giggles from her.

She never giggled with him, he thought with a tender smile on his face. .

Guess his sister would never know how much he loved him. . speaking of love, his eyes searched the crowd for the one familiar face who had everything to do with his heart.

"I know who you're looking for." Diana teased , now straightening up.

"Glad to know." He said absently , not finding Emma. He left her there on the floor as he congratulated Diana. Maximus frowned at how she had reacted to Jake. .as if. .she knew him—

Maximus shook those thoughts away. Right now, he really needed to talk to her.

He had to!

Funny, how he missed her although he just left her. .

He missed her mouth more, Maximus grinned devilishly.

The passionate moment they had shared had him open up the top buttons of his dress shirt. The heat was getting to him. .but the AC was on full blast.

She was the culprit behind it.

Igniting him and leaving him all alone to suffer. .

Emma seemed to have surrendered all her secrets when his mouth covered hers. She didn't hesitate in returning the kiss. Her sweet sighs had him want her more. .

Shit! He needed to see her. .

No more games. No more hide and seek...

He wanted to be straight out.

Ask her out.

And do. . . stuff to her.

××××××××××××

Emma slipped into the empty room, her nerves tightening as she tried to tell herself. .it was going to be okay!

How did he find her? How did he trapped Diana?

What about mom?!

White hot terror ran up and down her spine. Her breaths turned sharp . . everything attacked her at the same time. .

Jake.

Diana.

Maximus.

She held her head.

What was she going to do?! How is she going to keep everyone safe? How the hell is she supposed to ask Diana to ditch him—

"Found you."

Emma whipped around , her eyes widening at the sight of him. Dressed in a three piece designer , he grinned at her.

"Long time no see. .I missed you, Em." He said in a gentle voice while taking a step towards her.