The Bond We Share

Debris showered over Clarke's head as she staggered out of the vast structure, grateful for the crew's presence as they destroyed any beasts that got too close to them as they escaped the horrific scene.

The area surrounding the blonde was filled with blaster fire and echoing screams, but her focus remained on the unconscious woman in her arms, sensing the force ebbing and flowing from her very core. She had never been so terrified in her life, not for herself or anybody else.

Furious bursts of power erupted from the holocron jammed inside her bag, sending shivers up her spine as she felt the tendrils of evil reach out, hungry to grasp onto her and claim yet another victim.

Clarke jerked awake with a gasp, jolting upright and staring blindly into the darkness of her cabin, her mind still reeling from the recent memories. No one was present to witness her unsettled awakening and she was thankful that the rest of the crew had gone to organise repairs for the ship. 

It had not been easy escaping the harsh planet, but it was a relief to return to Coruscant safely and pass over the deadly holocron to Master Eadon for destruction. Its existence was no longer her concern and she had more pressing issues to attend to.

The blonde woman dragged herself out of bed and quickly dressed, making sure she was acceptable for whoever was waiting to greet her at the temple. She wasn't a regular visitor to the Jedi site, and she was hoping for an update on Lexa's status.

The Jedi had been carried away to the medical facilities without delay after arriving on Coruscant three days earlier. Clarke had heard nothing in recent days, but it had been arranged for her to visit this morning after some rigorous discussions with several mediators.

There was a lot of interest in the presence of both Jedi and holocron at the temple, and powerful figures wanted to make sure that the case was kept close at hand. It was disturbing enough to learn of a Jedi's transformation from such a powerful dark side holocron, and the council were eager to keep knowledge of the artefact on Coruscant as limited as possible.

Her journey to the temple was a blur as she settled into contemplation of what would await her at the facility. There was no telling what effects might still be evident in the Jedi and she wished for nothing but a full recovery, as unlikely as it would seem. Reports from Master Eadon had gently reminded the woman of both physical and emotional repercussions that were expected after such a traumatic experience and the thought left Clarke with a heavy heart. 

Ignoring the crowds that ebbed through the court, Clarke forged a path towards the looming site of Jedi headquarters and tried to tame the erratic rhythm of her heart as anticipation grew. The building was like a fortress, stretching a kilometre over the surrounding rooftops and largely closed to public access. 

Thankfully her presence was expected and after a brief interaction with security, accompanied by a confirmatory scan, she was waved up the entrance stairs. Passing by the large bronze statues of those who had once founded the temple, she delved further inside and was fortunate to meet Eadon travelling in the opposite direction, flanked by two younger females dressed in identical robes. Clarke disregarded the visitors and moved directly into the Master's path, politely nodding as he approached.

"Clarke...I wasn't expecting you so soon," Eadon said, letting his momentum fade as he motioned the two women forward. "Are you looking for Lexa?"

The blonde nodded, a lump in her throat preventing her from answering as she noticed the frown on his brow. 

"I assumed you knew," he said softly, "She left here not an hour ago without a word. I assumed she had already contacted you."

Clarke bit her lower lip, shook her head momentarily, and forced a polite smile into existence. "Thank you, Master; and what about the holocron?"