Come Back To Me

Lexa's crew were gathered on the main deck, a tide of sceptical frowns and reserved concern as they listened to the blonde woman's speech. 

"You thought you could help her before and look how that ended," Cal recalled, arms crossed across a broad chest. "Why will this be any different?"

There was no denying that Clarke's initial attempts had failed miserably, but she had been misguided in her effort. This time she knew what had to be done. They were now a week behind the Jedi and no closer to locating her or the elusive holocron's. The crew were understandably reluctant to put their lives on the line without substantial results.  

"You've been lucky so far," Sharr chimed in, "but this might get you killed along with the rest of us."

A murmur of agreement rippled through the group who were well aware of the danger posed by the dark Jedi. It was near impossible to predict her intent or feelings towards those who had once been her friends. There was no guarantee that she held any regard for their lives, not anymore.  

"You'll just have to trust me on this," Clarke urged, frustrated that she was unable to voice the absolute faith in her heart that this would work. "I can do this, preferably with your help."

Lexa had chosen her crew with delicate accuracy, making optimisation of resources the first priority. Each individual possessed unique skills that complemented each of their colleagues, allowing for the maximum efficiency possible. 

Battle prowess, intellectual excellence, and technological genius made these people an exceptional team. Clarke would feel a lot safer in her mission knowing that they supported her efforts. 

"We can't just stand by and do nothing! We're only here today because of her," Bekk noted, addressing the gathering with his gruff tone. "If the Commander needs our help then we will not abandon her."

A wave of nods began to surge through the crew members, each reminded of the fateful day that the Jedi had swept into their lives and provided a future that they could be proud of. She had not only chosen a crew that was smart and battle hardened, but unwaveringly loyal. Treating them with respect and kindness had gone a long way to securing their trust and friendship. 

"Then it's settled," Cal confirmed, turning away from his colleagues to address the blonde smuggler. "You have our full support."

Clarke smiled broadly at the crew, quietly relieved that they had agreed to help her. The task would have been exceedingly more challenging without them. 

"Then prepare the ship for departure, there's no time to lose."

Bellamy leant against the wall as he watched the crew scuttle into action, peeling away in different directions to carry out their assigned duties. He was impressed by their perseverance. Personally, he would have given up hope of the Jedi's recovery a long ago. In fact, he had. 

His presence thus far had been to ensure Clarke's safety and he had succeeded for the most part. Now it was time to leave. The blonde woman turned to him expectantly, but she soon recognised the apologetic glint in the brown eyes. 

"Thank you, for everything you've done," she stated quietly, sad to learn of her friends departure but forever grateful for his help. "We couldn't have done it without you."

"I think you'd have managed just fine," Bellamy replied with a brief smile, sweeping forwards to pull his old friend into a tight embrace. 

"Look after everyone," the woman whispered against his shoulder, a twinge of sadness in her chest that she hadn't been able to reunite with her old smuggling companions. "Maybe one day I'll come and find you all again."