Strike A Deal

'Is this really the best idea you have?' Clarke muttered quietly, eyeing the bounty hunter walking in front of them with suspicion. 

They had descended in a lift to the level on which the Galactic Market was located. Before the Galactic War it had been a bustling commercial district but now, with the Republic's attention focused on more imposing threats, it was slowly falling into the hands of the various crime syndicates that now resided in it's heart. 

One such organisation was the Migrants Merchant guild, and it was their base of operations that the unlikely trio were destined for. 

'What's the alternative,' Lexa responded, not holding as much apprehension as the blonde did regarding their destination. 'You run from this Janos for the rest of your life, evading bounty hunters and assassins until one of you dies?'

Clarke grimaced at the truth in the Jedi's words. Put like that it didn't sound very enticing. 

The bounty hunter walking a few paces ahead of them chuckled. 

'It wouldn't be Janos dying first, not with his 250 year lifespan,' he threw over his shoulder, his smile fading when the blonde shot him a dark glare. 

'Shut it you, and keep moving.'

The Jedi appeared almost amused at the interaction, looking sideways at Clarke. 

'He has a point though. It would be your death sentence, not his.'

Clarke sighed at the statement, staring at the back of the Weequay's head where a single braid ran down to his back, picturing the smug grin on his face at the Jedi's supporting comment. 

'Rather than walking ourselves straight into his lair to be killed on the spot? You're right, it's the obvious choice,' Clarke sniped, not angry at the Jedi but at herself for getting into this mess. 

They passed the central display of trees and shrubs that were a far cry from the beauty of those that grew bountifully on the surface of more environmentally centred planets. This was a cheap replica that only served to give the illusion of nature in this cold, metallic world. 

This was the lounge area of the Market, lined with seats on either side for those connecting from the taxi station or shipping docks. It was also where Dealer's Den cantina was located, and Clarke had a sinking feeling that was where the Weequay was leading them. 

A crime leader was going to be arrogant full stop. On his own turf it would be almost unbearable. In a cantina filled with his underlings and fuelled by the finest alcohol available, she could just imagine how insufferable this interaction was going to be. 

'This is where he will be,' the bounty hunter said, bringing them to a stop in front of the cantina. 'He has a private room in the back.'

Clarke looked up at the flashing neon sign above the entrance, the red arrows lighting up in succession to attract the attention of any potential customers passing by. To her it was just an eye sore. 

The Weequay looked like he was struggling to hide his glee, the source of which was unfathomable to the blonde. 

'I don't know why you're looking so pleased with yourself,' she muttered, growing tired of being in the creatures presence even after such a short time. 'Janos won't be promoting you any time soon when he learns that you and your friend were unable to capture an unarmed bounty and failed in your mission.'

The Weequay's face dropped as he realised that the only reason the two women were at the Cantina was because they chose to be, not because they had been captured. The thought of Janos' wrath was enough to make him want to run into the depths of Coruscant and never find out what the consequences for such actions would be, but the Jedi's presence meant that it was nothing more than a pleasant fantasy.