•CHAPTER 2•

•||Heartbroken||•

||•Alcoholic Manacles•||

Killua flinched when the thunder roared. He stared into the dripping and shoddy ceiling, knowing exactly what kind of storm had hit this underprivileged neighborhood. Haziness hung on his heavy eyelids, but his heart was alerted by the storm.

The hangover pierced his skull, so his eyes seemed to almost pop out of their sockets. He wondered what time it was and wondered if Gon had woken up. Did he miss the chance to see him in his boxers? Or not yet?

He rubbed his eyes and yawned. Once he raised his head, pain as sharp as needles stung his temples, so he cursed. 

"You're finally awake?" Killua jumped at the sudden sound. "You've slept for ages, dude." His heart sank, eyes reflecting disappointment when he noticed Gon was dressed up. He missed his chance.

"Yeah? What time is it?" He sat up and rubbed his eyes. His ears waited hungrily to consume Gon's voice, his untouchable crush.

"Three." He said. 

"Damn." Replied Killua. "I really should get going." Despite his heart's desires, his brain refused to become a burden on Gon. The tan male stared at him sarcastically, the smirk wide on his face.

"And since when do you leave without eating something? I just went to the supermarket to buy some ingredients." With that, Killua snorted.

"Do you mean that local market at the end of the street? Isn't it a puny, less than, a minimarket?" Killua shook his head, the smile hanging on his sickly pale face.

"Well, it says supermarket, so who are you to object?" Killua grinned. "It's even written in capital letters and in bold." Gon continued and grinned back. 

Afterward, Gon went to make some coffee, just like how they are used to doing once Killua is awake. Killua noticed a painkiller pill and a glass of water on the coffee table. "Aw, Gon." He didn't hesitate to take the pill and drain the glass of water in his mouth.

Once he set the glass back on the table, he rested his head on the couch's back and sighed. The storm outside whistled and the room gloomily darkened. He stared around the room until his eyes rested on Gon with the tray of coffee and biscuits. "You spoil me."

"Unfortunately." He replied. Killua shot him a sarcastic glance and took his offered coffee.

He crossed his legs and fitted comfortably on the couch, the coffee clutched in both hands. The warmth of the mug spread from his hands to his whole body once Killua took a sip. "Ah, perfect."

Gon hummed satisfyingly, eyes fixated on his phone. With a mug in hand and the phone in the other, Killua observed Gon's phone screen reflected in his eyes. He wondered what's keeping him busy and entranced. He wanted to get his attention, but he didn't know how to do it.

He decided to focus on his coffee and reminisce about what Ray had urged him to do. Would it be alright to ask Gon about his sexuality? Wouldn't it turn awkward? He took a sip after the other, humming satisfyingly after each. The recurrent action annoyed a certain disheveled bartender. 

"Stop moaning." He objected and squinted his eyes to glower at his best friend.

"It's not my fault my head hurts!"

"Actually, It is." Gon crisply said; his glare almost tore Killua to shame.

"Fine! Don't get mad that my family is a piece of shit."

Gon sighed, shoulders slumped and looking grumpy, he said, "Just refuse the marriage, Killua." He glowered, "Tell them you want to study abroad or go and live in a dorm for your college."