• CHAPTER 7 •

•||Jealousy||•

||•Alcoholic Manacles•||

The alarm went hysterical after the final tic of seven o'clock. He groaned at it when it seeped through his eardrums. His sleep schedule is messed up, indeed; it's messed up enough that he couldn't lift his arm to turn it off. Is it already the time for his night shift? He barely could get any sleep! Thanks to a certain friend who got him in a lot of trouble. 

Anyway, what was that dream? Is he dreaming about her again? Although everything about her is still confusing, he had to dream about her again. What would she think of him if she knew?

He grumbled and lifted his numb arm to turn off the alarm. Then, he slid his legs lazily off the bed and looked around. He took his phone and the light almost blinded him. Killua must've already sent him something like usual. He waited for his eyes to adjust to the light before answering his fake boyfriend's texts.

The number of messages was insane. That guy can't stay without him for a moment. Oh, boy, he thought. 

He clicked on them to see what was wrong.

Today, 6:24 pm

Killua: Gon…

Today, 6:30 pm

Killua: Hey

Today, 6:45 pm

Killua: Gon. We had dinner like half an hour ago.

Killua: Dad saw the ring and he was like. OH SHIT, THEY ARE ENGAGED.

Killua: I think they won't bother me for the time being, all thanks to you.

Today, 7:00 pm

Killua: I wonder if you mind me coming to the bar to talk…

Killua: I feel bored here.

Today, 1 minute ago

Killua: bitch, wake up!

Killua: you have a shift!

Gon smiled and shook his head. "That boy." He whispered with a smile. Then, he typed flawlessly on his phone.

Gon: Alright.

Gon: I'm up!

Killua: thank goodness.

Killua: I was getting ready to leave the house and knock until you woke up.

Gon sifted through his disheveled hair and rubbed his strands free. He let out a sigh and stared at Killua's recent message.

Gon: why do you want me to go to the shift so bad?

Gon waited for his reply, but he was lingering online without typing. So, Gon stood up and shivered from the cold. It's getting colder with each passing day. He opened his drawer and took out his folded uniform. Right then, his phone whistled.

Killua: Well... I wanted to make sure that you don't be late…

Killua: Have you had lunch?

Gon sighed. He stared at his phone and frowned. Although it's been a year since they became friends, Gon had never received that number of messages from Killua before, nor that amount of care.

Or maybe he's being too self-conscious.

Gon: Are you acting like my wife now?

Killua didn't reply. Yep, it's the truth. Killua is too caring for his liking right now.

Gon: fine. Put them on seen and don't reply.

Killua started typing, but Gon tossed his phone over the bed and went to the bathroom to wash up.