•CHAPTER 5•

||•Stress and Pressure•||

•||Alcoholic Manacles||•

Gon's body turned to ice and his fingers were the icicles. His head felt bloated at the news when Killua’s mom casually asked about the engagement date. He was sure they were extremely upset a second prior, but now, they approve of him as his boyfriend?! Are they really okay for Killua to come out as gay in front of their partners and in the news? That’s ridiculous! How did they change their minds in a minute?!

He wiped the sweat off his face and dared to send a look to Killua. The boy next to him was also frozen, not moving. He seemed like he couldn’t believe what his mom said. He handed him a cup of water and put a hand on his back, so Killua snapped out a little of his shock. “Thanks.” He mumbled, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. “Sorry, they took me by surprise.” Gon understands that. He was always the calmer one between them, who could snap out of shock easily.

He knew that things won’t go smoothly. It would’ve been better if Killua’s parents kicked him out and called him a creep or a gold digger. At least, the fake relationship will end up that way, however, they had to stick him up with Killua in a way or the other. Why?

“Why do you look so shocked?” Illumi asked once he knitted his fingers together over his mouth. “I thought both of you would be a little happier?”

Gon turned to him. He sensed that Killua is at a complete loss for words, so it’s only him against his family. What did he do to deserve that anyway? “Well, yes, we’re kinda shocked.” He could sense all the eyes on him now. “I’m not sure if this is a positive or a negative impact on us,” He continued. “And that’s because it depends on why you decided to make it easy on us. I just wonder if you really did this for Killua, or something else.” 

“What does that mean? Shouldn’t you be excited that we approved of your relationship?” Gon bit his tongue and thought of an answer that could shut that snake up. He rubbed his temples then looked back at him, eyes focused and unblinking. 

“I’m a person who’s very straightforward, sir. So, I’ll just say what I have in mind.” Illumi raised his eyebrows. A hand clutched his pants, scared of whatever he has to say, but Gon put his hand over it to reassure its owner, Killua, that he’s not gonna cause trouble. “Your sudden approval of our relationship definitely shocked us.” He started, the food is cold forgotten on the table, “I’m sure all of you still have a lot of questions, but instead of asking them, you asked about the engagement. I understand how strict you might be about relationships and all, but isn’t there more serious conversations to talk to other than our engagement?”

Murmuring echoed across the table. Gon didn’t know who was murmuring, but he decided to not let that distract him. “I love Killua, so I’ll do whatever it takes to make him happy. That includes bashing the head of any  unnecessary plan that anyone would use me in to hurt him.” He heard a few low gasps, but his focus didn’t waver from Illumi’s raised and tattooed eyebrows. 

“Very well.” Suddenly, Silva cut into the electrified atmosphere, so Gon turned his attention to him. “As you said, we still have a lot to ask you two about and to make the final decision. And don’t forget, Gon, before you became Killua’s boyfriend, he’s still our son. There is no need to remind us how to deal with him because no one here wants harm to him. He’s family even if we’re sometimes strict.”

Gon heaved a close-mouthed sigh. Whenever Silva talks, he intimidates all the sparks around Gon. He’s such a power to be reckoned with. “Anyway,” Silva rubbed the bone of his nose and looked straight at him, “Now that we told you we don’t have a problem with your relationship, we do need to ask a few more questions. Since you’re serious about this relationship and all of that, which means you’ll become one of our sons later too.”