Chapter 10

Percy pov.

"Look Miss-Crazy-Titaness-Who's-name-I-Can't-Be-Bothered-To-Say, what are you going to do with me and before you start getting any ideas, do not harm my face because people pay a lot of money to see this charming, gorgeous, handso-."

"SILENCE!" she bellowed, "i have decided, what other was to torture, mortals by taking away their most important element of their brain, their memory."

I was about to tell her that it probably would have no effect on me because one:

1) I am the son of the best god to exist

2) i have a shitty memory anyway, but if i tell her that she might just finally explode from anger.

Maybe that would be a good thing.

"Look Miss-Kidnapper-Lady-Ma'am, why would you take away memory of all things, i mean i would understand if it was getting rid of Trump or wiping out the people who eat pineapple on pizza but memory?"

She answered with "foolish boy, you don't know the true power that memory has, it can affect dreams and turn them into nightmares, it can ruin people completely when they've lost track of what they're doing and forgetting who their loved ones are so i am going to make that come true. I will show them the consequences of not being great full!"

"Hey hey hey, calm down, I'm sure many people are grateful for their memory, I would be too, if you had blessed me with a better one."

"Not enough, the whole world must worship the mighty Mnemosyne."

I watched as this Titaness continued to ramble on about power and worship and whatnot but all I could think about is how to get out of this creepy cave. I couldn't just bust out dramatically because she's a Titaness and Riptide wouldn't do too much damage to her I'm sure. I settled for waiting it out until I see an opportunity... or when someone comes to save me themselves.

Memory-lady came towards me with a crystal vial, which looked very pretty btw, but do you know what wasn't? The creepy look on her face as she unbottled it and started to chant whilst I tried to struggle to break free.

"A silver lining taken from thought,

Leaves glassy eyes, nothing to behold

Memories gone for eyes are the windows to the soul

Now empty, leaving a lifeless doll."

I started to feel drowsy, I felt like I wanted to sit down, fall asleep and never get back up.

No, I need to stay awake, I thought as I started to drift off.

I woke up with a start, feeling weird like a part of me was missing, a very important part, but I couldn't figure out what, I asked myself:

"Who am I?"

————————

Annabeth's POV.

We had just reached the coast and we were wondering what to do now. Chiron said there would be a very noticeable drachma coin. Piper and Jason were scouring by the sea, Calypso and Leo looking in the grassy parts and hazel and Frank were flying overhead to see if they could notic anything until: