XVIII: Look Forward

"Hello? Is anyone home? I'm coming in..."

Miyuki called in a monotonous voice as she entered the Wind Pillar's residence before the sun even rose in the mountains.

With the scent of ohagi lingering in the quiet halls, Miyuki took this as a sign of someone's presence and made her way to the kitchen without further ado. Opening the door with one quick swing, her eyes immediately found the Wind Pillar in a situation where no one would've imagined him being into.

Wearing an apron above his uniform, Shinazugawa almost threw his tray filled with ohagi as soon as the Ice Pillar announced her arrival by herself.

"YOU PIECE OF- OI! Don't you know how to knock?!!"

"It's tiring to knock. But I did call...ohayo, Shinazugawa-senpai!" Miyuki replied with an overly-hyped tone which made the Wind Pillar irked.

He was about to burst out and kick the Ice Pillar out of his home but the sight of the rice cakes before him shook his anger away.

Calm down...calm down...or else this dumbhead will succeed in ruining my day.

"Tch! Fuck off, Shiraishi. What do you want?!"

"Such temper...no wonder you're not popular with women-"

"Ha?! What did you say?"

"Hm? Are you deaf?"

Seeing the dark aura and the several veins already popping on the pillar's temple, Miyuki raised both of her hands in surrender and chuckled.

"I was joking."

"Anyway...I came here to see if you're free. I'm looking for a sparring partner. Are you free?" Miyuki asked while walking towards the table where the finished rice cakes were placed.

She gestured to Shinazugawa for her to taste some of the desserts and he nodded his head irritatedly before putting down his tray.

"So...let's train...Shina...gawa..." Miyuki spoke in between chewing her morning snack.

"I'm busy, can't you see? And it's my day off, why would I waste it on training with you?" The Wind Pillar replied timidly. 

"You usually train on your day-offs anyway, so what's the difference between training with me?"

"Tch! Stop asking and find someone else to bother, goddamnit!" 

What's wrong with him? He's making me pissed off... 

Miyuki smiled irritatedly upon his rejection and attitude. She only wanted to spar for at least 30 minutes like how they usually do. It's not a big deal.

Finally shrugging her shoulders, the Ice Pillar gave an expression of distaste before straightening her back to leave.

"Okay, if you say so..."

"Finally..." Shinazugawa muttered silently but was still caught by Miyuki's ears.

"You sounded like a brat earlier, did you know?" She commented. 

"Shut it, Shiraishi. Just find Rengoku and get outta here." 

"Hm? Now you're using someone else's name as an excuse..."

"Ha? Rengoku came here the other day just because of this shit. So quit your yapping, will you?"

The Ice Pillar raised her eyebrow.

"He came for what?"

The Wind Pillar was on the verge of popping his veins out because of the irritation that the Ice and Flame Pillar was giving him. He doesn't even want to deal with them, and yet it seems he was just so unfortunate to be caught in between.